• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Disappearing helicopters
06-08-2009, 04:50 AM,
Disappearing helicopters
Are helicopters only available for a certain amount of time during a scenario? I have played two scenarios recently ("SAW - Up The River" and "AIW - The Fist Of God") in which one of my helicopters simply disappeared immediately after I replayed my opponents move. I don't believe they were shot down, especially because the helo in the "Up The River" scenario was displayed up through the prompt saying "End of replay" and disappeared right before the prompt said "Soviet turn".
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2009, 05:03 AM,
RE: Disappearing helicopters
Rabbit Wrote:Are helicopters only available for a certain amount of time during a scenario? I have played two scenarios recently ("SAW - Up The River" and "AIW - The Fist Of God") in which one of my helicopters simply disappeared immediately after I replayed my opponents move. I don't believe they were shot down, especially because the helo in the "Up The River" scenario was displayed up through the prompt saying "End of replay" and disappeared right before the prompt said "Soviet turn".

Have you checked the scenario withdrawals?
06-08-2009, 05:04 AM,
I don't have the scenario in front of me, but many SB scenarios have "Withdrawls", which means certain units leave the field of battle at a certain turn. This might be the case with the Russian helos. It's used to simulate them running out of fuel/ammunition and having to leave the field...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM,
Yep, that was it! Thanks for clearing that up.

Bill
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM,
TheBigRedOne Wrote:I don't have the scenario in front of me, but many SB scenarios have "Withdrawls", which means certain units leave the field of battle at a certain turn. This might be the case with the Russian helos. It's used to simulate them running out of fuel/ammunition and having to leave the field...

I think it probably is the withdrawals. I got caught out with exactly the same thing. Caught me on the hop mid game and I couldn't figure out what on earth had gone wrong. It was only later that I clicked on that they had automatically been taken off the map.
06-08-2009, 04:18 PM,
Guys, pay attention to the initial command reports at the first turn that give vital information such as support, smoke allowance, withdrawals etc.
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM,
Ozgur Budak Wrote:Guys, pay attention to the initial command reports at the first turn that give vital information such as support, smoke allowance, withdrawals etc.

There are two critical things to do before you start a scenario. 1) read the scenario description information first. I usually print it out and keep it throughout the scenario, it gives guidance as to what the objectives of the scenario are. 2) is what Oz just mentioned. Before the game starts, you get information regarding withdrawals, smoke, support, human wave allowances and the like. Critical information for the scenario.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4