• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M'44: Problems with Byelorussia PBEM file
06-04-2009, 07:19 AM,
RE: M'44: Problems with Byelorussia PBEM file
List of things to check:

1) Does the Minsk'44 Folder exist?
2) Does the file Minsk.map exist within that folder?
3) Is your saved PBEM file game in that folder?
4) Does the Minsk'44_Alt_Mcnamara_Augmented_v121.oob file exist in that folder?
5) The scenerio you are playing is called #0623_02_Minsk_CG_HTH_Alt.scn. Is it in that folder?

It doesnt matter where the folder for the game is, as long as all the pieces you need are in that folder. The single hex map you get does indicate that the problem is the scenerio cant find the Minsk.map file.
Since you say you can start a new game, and get the full map, it could very well be that the PBEM file itself (which is probably encrypted) is the problem. You may have to get your opponent/team member to go back to an older saved file.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2009, 03:48 AM,
Thank you guys. Like Liquid said, I suspect the problem is with the PBEM file as I can see the map and play a new game of the same scenario with no problem.

I'll let you guys know how it comes out when I get the next file.
06-07-2009, 05:24 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:And actually, if you open the scenario in the scenario editor, the is a menu choice under the first item - File or whatever - that shows the filenames of the files used in the scenario, same as the last 3 lines in my prior post.

And while I apologize for my opoor typing skills - the fact remains that this issue - ONE HEX map appears - is 100% for sure and absolutely a MAP problem with the installation.

Either - The SUBMAP file that the scenario uses is not present or corrupt.

OR - the Submap file is present and properly formatted but it refers to a Master Map which is either not present or in some way corrupted. I am sure I've seen this a thousand times of the years. You can see the Master map that the submap is calling by opening the submap in NOTEPAD.

There is a third but rare alternatively explanation. That is the Submap is present and it refers to a Map file which is also present - but the Master Map file it wants to call is not really a Master map - rather it is another submap. Submaps can't call other submaps.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 10:05 AM,
Here is what the scenario requires:

Minsk.map
Minsk '44_Alt_McNamara_Augmented_v121.oob
Minsk_Alt.pdt

Do you have all those? Minsk.map is the full map that comes with the game. Minsk_Alt.pdt is from VM's alt scenarios page. I provided the oob, which is in the zip file in this thread.

Is this still a problem for you guys?

Dave