• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS titles?
06-09-2009, 04:40 AM,
RE: New HPS titles?
Xaver Wrote:EDIT: sorry i forget something, for me the main impact in HPS sales isnt the "map" question, is the "download" question, if i can buy HPS titles as in matrix games but with NWS prices (32.99 USD=23.7167 EUR, rest 1 euro por CD and CD box) i can try other HPS series that arent in my list of favorites, i know the problem with the serial but hey, we are in 2009 not in 1999 ;-)

For sure would be nice to have the option to by directly from HPS a downloaded version (with serial number for protection).
Send this user an email
06-09-2009, 05:24 AM,
Panzer VI Wrote:I understand that, but we buy PzC/MC games to help SUPPORT the development of new PzC/MC games and features, not support the ancient wars and squad battles series.I bought Winter War and I supported SqB production.We are paying for these PzC/MC games after all, so we should be seeing some more PzC/MC titles.

We SUPPORT the development of ANY and ALL games by HPS in order to support the development of those particular series' that we prefer. Complaining about anything HPS does that entails production of new product is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. :(

You sound a little like my daughter, who has a notoriously limited tolerance for frustration or delay. Instead of rolling around on the floor complaining that we didn't get a new PzC title, why not celebrate the fact that HPS is still pumping the games out and keeping the creative juices flowing? cheers

By the way, it seems to me like just yesterday when Minsk and Budapest came out, and then there was the Danube Front, too. Perhaps it's been too long a wait for you, but I'll tell you something: I play a fair amount (not as much as some, of course) and have yet to play a game in every title (other than AI, which doesn't count, IMHO.)
06-09-2009, 05:33 AM,
I would definitely buy a lot of the HPS back catalog and try out some new series like TWiE or Ancient Wars if the games were available via digital download.
Having to add 10 bucks of overseas shipping to every purchase is pretty annoying.
06-09-2009, 07:25 AM,
Yorick Wrote:I would definitely buy a lot of the HPS back catalog and try out some new series like TWiE or Ancient Wars if the games were available via digital download.
Having to add 10 bucks of overseas shipping to every purchase is pretty annoying.

Is that direct from HPS? Or would buying in Euro's from Duchet in the UK be cheaper??
06-09-2009, 08:00 AM,
It's from NWS, Duchet has low shipping costs but much higher prices (I think about the same as the HPS site) and they don't accept paypal.
06-09-2009, 08:16 AM,
Yorick Wrote:It's from NWS, Duchet has low shipping costs but much higher prices (I think about the same as the HPS site) and they don't accept paypal.

Ok, sorry to hear this.
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2009, 11:41 AM by Panzer VI.)
Liebchen Wrote:
Panzer VI Wrote:I understand that, but we buy PzC/MC games to help SUPPORT the development of new PzC/MC games and features, not support the ancient wars and squad battles series.I bought Winter War and I supported SqB production.We are paying for these PzC/MC games after all, so we should be seeing some more PzC/MC titles.
You sound a little like my daughter, who has a notoriously limited tolerance for frustration or delay. Instead of rolling around on the floor complaining that we didn't get a new PzC title, why not celebrate the fact that HPS is still pumping the games out and keeping the creative juices flowing? cheers
:mad:

First off, my point was that we are buying all these Panzer/Modern Campaigns and seeing no new titles from all our support.If we arent gonna see new titles in this series, it makes no point to pay for them.Someone who can't readily pay for these games might get to the point of pirated copies.If HPS is having trouble with development or something, they could at least tell us.HPS could let us know that the money we spent on all these games is going somewhere.(Come on, give us an update on what the next title will be and what stage is the next title in?Some thing!)
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM,
Brilliant non-refutation and validation of Liebchen's observation!

Kudos!
06-09-2009, 03:12 PM,
fstop23 Wrote:Brilliant non-refutation and validation of Liebchen's observation!

Kudos!

thanks for sarcasm.:rolleyes:

Whatever, since everyone is going against me then I guess I should leave this club.
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM,
With all due respect, the tone of your posts has been a bit whiny, and when you then use a self-preceived lack of PC/MC titles as some sort of justification to pirate....

HPS is a biz - and is s/w development-based. The timing of when titles come out are based on a variety of factors - maturity of the development effort as well as popularity of the title. HPS' approach & philosophy is well-established, and in mty experience, one of the more genuine and commmitted publishers over the years.

Don't leave, but also don't expect a large following to man the barricades and rail against the tyrant/oppressors that are HPS....they simply ain't.

Peace?