• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS titles?
06-07-2009, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 02:24 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: New HPS titles?
FLG Wrote:Am I only one missing this but TWIE now contains an OOB editor.
AND
Err ... it's in the official release information.

And I am telling you the official information is incorrect - I reported this yesterday and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

In the meantime I don't want anyone to buy the new game thinking it hs an editor for the OOB.

The game OOB has all the units that are required to create scns for the period covered by the game - in fact it has a lot of units that are not ued in any scns for this exact purpose.

In TFB we have one request for some new French units with altered values and these were added to the offical game for the use of any scn developers.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 03:41 AM,
As moderator, I ask all to please consider that all members have a passion for the series they play the most in the HPS market. One series is not better than the other, nor does one take less time to develop. The are just.....different.

I know that is takes far more man hours to bring any HPS title to market than people who are not involved in the process can imagine. This is because HPS presents such good quality work. That takes time to produce.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-07-2009, 07:21 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:
FLG Wrote:Am I only one missing this but TWIE now contains an OOB editor.
AND
Err ... it's in the official release information.

And I am telling you the official information is incorrect - I reported this yesterday and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Glenn

OK calm down. I was only pointing you to where the information came from as you said you didn't know, as per your statement

Glenn Saunders Wrote:This is not correct - not sure where it came from or said this - but if it does say it it is in error
06-07-2009, 10:44 AM,
FLG Wrote:OK calm down. I was only pointing you to where the information came from as you said you didn't know, as per your statement

All calm here!

I just want to be perfectly clear of the facts and to ensure nobody jumps to buy the game because it included an oob editor unlike TFB. This was just a simple mistake on the press release using a template from other Tiller games where an OOB Editor is standard.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 11:29 AM,
I'd just like to add that there's no series at HPS that is "dead", i.e. complete. Everything either has active games in production or some being looked at, etc.

What I would personally like to see is some people do more custom scenario design work. The tools that ship with our games are vastly under utilized. A few years back I was going to do some smaller PzC scenarios and I got a lot of feedback with people having an interest in playing them. Unfortunately I never got to it as too many other things sucked up my time. Anyway, I really think a lot of you are missing out on a lot of value the PzC series in particular has to offer.
06-07-2009, 05:57 PM,
The OPs Mod Scenario List forum (a sub-forum of the HPS Operational Campaigns forum here at the blitz) has 94 threads in it. 98% of those threads have a modded scenarios created by members attached as files you can download and play.

Foul and I created the Mods forum so PzC / MC players can post their scenario creations there for others to play and enjoy. If your reading this post go check out the forum. I am sure you can find scenarios created by your peers which will keep you interested until the next title is released by HPS.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-07-2009, 06:14 PM,
Xaver Wrote:PD: i think that this is a forum, you are ok with new HPS releases??? good for you but dont call whining and moaning people who dont like it, i dont do it Whip

Well, I made that comment about "pissing and moaning" in jest.

Of course everyone was looking forward to another PzC or MC title, I was just saying what good will it do to complain about it. Has everyone honestly played every scenario and campaign in all existing PzC and MC titles? I know I haven't.
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 06:55 PM,
Well, i am a little surprised when somebody says that PzC are undermoded (i refer to the scen side) when ALL HPS series i know (PzC,NAP,MC,EAW) dont have a map editor, i only know ONE full PzC mod called Jarama37 based on an old Kursk version (the mod cant be updated...) and in second "position" Volcanoman add-ons for El Alamein (40 battles between italians and british), Korea85 (chinese intervention) and superb scens for Middleast (Libano82 and more) and Fulda/NG with 74 scens.

Are many custom scens but with HPS tools you can only create battles in the existing maps.

Well, i dont play ALL PzC/MC scens but we are humans and only play something that like us (every games has 3-4 superb scens) Big Grin

PD: ooo in the oob side... NAP, REN, EAW dont have oob you need use a text editor and comparing with PzC/MC editors is so... so :hissy:
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM,
RE: New HPS titles vrs Future/Past
The latest releases from HPS are most welcome (irrespective of which series they come from), as they represent the continued and ongoing support by the company, and a massive investment of time, energy, and skill from the developers in the production of a superb series' of games for the hobby.

Particularly given the current economic climate, its great to see such quality games, supported by the skill, insight and patience delivered by the "backroom" boys, still being brought to the table (or PC)

I think we should all remember the 1970's onwards, and the sad demise of companies like SPI, GDW, and Avalon Hill et al, as they tried to be all things to all men (and crashed and burned in the process) in what afterall is a "niche" hobby.

Chris
06-08-2009, 07:20 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:The OPs Mod Scenario List forum (a sub-forum of the HPS Operational Campaigns forum here at the blitz) has 94 threads in it. 98% of those threads have a modded scenarios created by members attached as files you can download and play.

Foul and I created the Mods forum so PzC / MC players can post their scenario creations there for others to play and enjoy. If your reading this post go check out the forum. I am sure you can find scenarios created by your peers which will keep you interested until the next title is released by HPS.

Dog Soldier

My bad, I had missed that...but still...98 scenarios +/- for a series with 17 titles in it is low. There's over 100 for Campaign 1776 alone! :)

Any way, my point is there's a lot of enjoyment to be had there as well...