• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New HPS titles?
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM,
RE: New HPS titles?
If this trend continues the Squad Battles titles will outnumber the Panzer Campaign games, £$%& am I missing something here.[/font]
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM,
Nothing interesting, again, in HPS releases, no NAP, no PzC, no MC and no EAW of course SB cant be out of the release date.... TWI i only say TOAW/AdvancedTactics/SSG and Alexander... no coments.

PD: dont say again that you have 3/4 titles for NAP and PzC in work because is an old song and is boring after 2 years :-(
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM,
Bidermann Wrote:Never played any of the squad battles but might get this one ( was this where the Devils Brigade ex SS soliders fought for the French Foriegn Legon?) I read a book years back about these lads the whole Brigade were SS with their own officers.

The French Foreign Legion is what I believe you are referring to, had a large number of ex-SS and ex-Wehrmacht members on it's rolls, but it was not a unit composed entirely of SS.
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM,
Lowlander Wrote:If this trend continues the Squad Battles titles will outnumber the Panzer Campaign games, £$%& am I missing something here.[/font]

Given the comparative scale of the two games this is quite natural. There are only so many operational level situations that can be made into viable games, whereas almost any tactical situation can be made into a good game. Hence SqB was always going to have a greater life span and replay factor over the PzC series.
06-05-2009, 10:57 PM,
Why does HPS take so long to update their website? NWS has the games for sale already and you can't find a mention of them on the HPS site.
06-05-2009, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2009, 11:14 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
James Ward Wrote:Why does HPS take so long to update their website? NWS has the games for sale already and you can't find a mention of them on the HPS site.

HPS updates their site in the afternoon, typically. There is a press release about the three new games over on the Wargamer site. I announced the new SB title on our forum this AM.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-05-2009, 11:33 PM,
For the release of three new games there sure are a lot of gloomy comments. :conf:

I'm picking up Southern Front & Dien Bien Phu. cheers
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM,
Well, SB has the same replay values as PzC or NAP games, a tactical game could be as "repetitive" as an operational game in hexagonal, think that you play with hex at a different scale, repetitive situations dont depend of level depend of situation.

PD: thinking in the last HPS releases i see one of the fans ideas in the "wrong" serie, Tunez and a mixture of the fights in the Balkans, i say "wrong" because the scale used is for me to big and for a game with no producciont or strategic decisions.... at least in a PzC you can have more power of decision :rolleyes:
06-05-2009, 11:50 PM,
TheBigRedOne Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:Why does HPS take so long to update their website? NWS has the games for sale already and you can't find a mention of them on the HPS site.

HPS updates their site in the afternoon, typically. There is a press release about the three new games over on the Wargamer site. I announced the new SB title on our forum this AM.

Ah ha I did not know that.
06-05-2009, 11:53 PM,
Al Wrote:For the release of three new games there sure are a lot of gloomy comments. :conf:

Well this is the PzC/MC area of play, so the negative comments are not too surprising given there was no new release for those series. As for TWE, I will probably get that release myself. I loved the first installment and found myself disappointed when it was not followed up with, but now that it has, how could I possibly complain.