• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I feel sorry for HPS lads
06-09-2009, 03:33 PM,
I feel sorry for HPS lads
Can we all calm down about what games have or have not come out yet!! Can all remember that it is only a game and not Real life.

The Poor lads at HPS must get prity fed up with all the ranting that goes on, and in fact that could cause a negative effect.Just think if you at work kept getting a kicking every time you produced a peace of work only for it to be rubbished how would you feel, and would you keep working there?

Time for all to step back, and realise this is not Life it wont pay your bills or look after your familes.
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: I feel sorry for HPS lads
These games are labors of love. As someone pointed out, the HPS contributing designers all have day jobs and don't need this work. They do it because they want to.

There are limits to what can be done well in wargames. They can be accurate simulations of every detail and nuance, or they can be oversimplified "tastes" of the campaigns involved. Once a good system has been designed that lets each campaign take on it's own flavor and yet still can be great fun and not a headache to play, then that formula will have legs.

The Panzer Campaigns Series has great big daddy-long-legs, legs. It ain't going nowhere. If Glen says that there are titles being designed, then I believe him. He hasn't misled us in the past on this topic. And when the author(s) of the next title or two are ready to publish, we'll get it and pour ourselves a glass of whatever and take in the new scenery.

In the meantime, if you are absolutely dying for some new wargaming experience, you really should try out some of the Nappy or ACW titles. Really! They have some surprising depth to them, and are different enough to keep gaming fresh. I say this as a decades-long WW2 buff who has recently seen the light. (Wait till you see the casualty figures when a volley of muskets goes off!)

It's all good. And all signifies that these titles won't soon end up as orphanware.

Oh, and by the way, if $ is really a problem, try out EBay or Craig's List. Sometimes you can get HPS titles for cheaper.
06-09-2009, 06:17 PM,
RE: I feel sorry for HPS lads
Well, in my opinion close the topic is excesive, with a touch calling for cut the off topic is enough but close the topic... ok, somebody talks about the "tabu" in the videogames world (piracy) but not all the arguments used where "illegal", say "heeey creat a topic to talk about maps, downloads..." is better that close the topic, i only can say i am so sorry if for my fault the topic is closed (i say fault but dont feel as i do any bad).

2nd, i think that this is a forum, in a forum you write your opinion the same for all members, every "side" has arguments of course as somebody says is better play than talk (but is better has s*x than play :whis: ) but not all can play the game they want.

Ooo i play more series than PzC (NAP,REN,MC,EAW) but i refer to the last release titles.

Somebody says that HPS do games but dont need it... well, in my country do something and sell it == business and HPS game rate isnt the rate of an amateur and if we are clients.... you know, the client allways is in the true Big Grin

PD: for me its all ok, i stop Fiery but if we talk about something that isnt alabate HPS dont Whip us
06-10-2009, 08:33 AM,
Ok, I get it, you want me to shut up.Thats fine, I will be sure to stay away from the forums, dont worry.
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM,
No, don't shut up. Just stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. :rolleyes: