• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO RUSSIANS! German AAR/DAR section
06-08-2009, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2009, 06:11 PM by cargol.)
RE: NO RUSSIANS! German AAR/DAR section
Thanks for the report Herr Chuck!
Few suggestions if u dont mind,
Its better to have ur MGs unhidden in order to harash enemy infantry advance.If u have them also under command of an hq with bonus u will
multiply their efficiency.
Due to the fact that they are in foxholes and they will start shooting long range shots, the enemy will not be able to locate ur MG's.
In this way u will make him think twice advancing over open ground, u ll gain time and of course kill some Ruskies :)
I think that if u start firing now because the Russians are relativelly close MGs positions will be revailed but its better than leaving them come too close.
Take also in mind that if u are hiding ur troops,their spotting ability is decreased
maybe it would be better to have them unhiden with a covered arc in order not to shoot.
As long as they are in foxholes and in some light woods enemy cant spot them unless they are around 100m or less close.
I think ur set up is sound and im confident that the Beast will not pass ur positions.
As for the A/A guns its always usefull to place them under command of an Hq in order to achive maximum results.
They might be of light caliber and when targeted to a T34 or even a lighter Tank will give a none kill indication but they can damage guns immobilise and eventually make the crew bail which is equal to an armour kill :)
Hope that my post was helpfull and keep on the good work Herr Chuck!
PS Knights Cross awaits if u repell the Red horde!!
Do not believe what you think
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2009, 01:16 AM,
Danke, Herr Cargol! Your advices are really helpful and appreciated. I'll make sure that the new orders are issued to my men! :)

cheers
06-11-2009, 12:04 AM,
[Image: turn6.jpg]

All 5 MGs have opened fire on newly spotted enemy infantry. I think they are still unable to locate the MGs because there wasn't any return fire from the Russians.

What would I give for an arty spotter now! Big Grin
06-11-2009, 05:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2009, 05:17 AM by cargol.)
Excellent Herr Chuck!
Make them bleed for every inch of ground!
If u manage to halt his advance with effective MG fire most probably
he will try to move his armour and then it will be AT Guns turn.
06-11-2009, 09:31 AM,
[Image: littlesaturn.jpg]

Soviet infantry spotted. Unfortunatly they are out of site of MGs/Mortars. Appears to be 2/3 plts.
06-12-2009, 05:47 AM,
Turn 10 and 1/3 of the battle has passed.
I think that with that pace either my opponent has limited objectives for this battle or is
too cautius and soon he ll realise that he is running out of time and will
rush things.
[Image: turn102.jpg]
06-13-2009, 12:42 AM,
Turn 9
[Image: turn9.jpg]

On the turn 10 enemy tank ceased firing and started moving down the treeline toward the crossroads!
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM,
Looks like Ivan isn't doing any probes in this, looks like they're going all out trying to capture as much ground as possible.
06-13-2009, 04:51 AM,
Very slow turn rate. The map is the same as Mr Chuck's, very open.

Initial advance by about 10 inf icons driven back by MG34s firing at 800m+ range as soon as the enemy left cover. I cannot see how he can advance without pushing his tanks very far forward. He would have to do this without infantry cover, though, as infantry simply cannot advance under this weight of HMG fire.
06-13-2009, 06:16 AM,
How slow are his turns comming?