• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix Versions - My Two Cents (and unit question)
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM,
Matrix Versions - My Two Cents (and unit question)
Greetings comrades,

I'd like to say that I purchased the Matrix versions of the CS and I think it is GREAT and well worth the money. I must say I was skeptical and when I was only playing in Earl's kursk campaign saw no need to upgrade, but now that I'm going to get back into a little circulation I must say that I am very impressed with how well it was done. If any of you guys were on the fence like me, go ahead and take the plunge. It is worth it.

A few quick questions though:

1. Are there no WF scenarios included in the OEM game that pit the Russians versus the Western Allies? Wow.

2. Way back when Blitz mods were being talked about I had requested two units (and even supplied photos for them). Did these ever make it into circulation? One was a hypothetical Russian APC based on the T-70 chassis (plenty of these running around, could have turned them into a lightly armored all-terrain fully tracked APC). The other was late war Russian infantry platoons armed with captured panzerfaust or panzershreck weapons? Just curious. Would love to experiment with them.

Thanks,

Larry Reese
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2009, 11:01 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Matrix Versions - My Two Cents (and unit question)
Larry Reese Wrote:1. Are there no WF scenarios included in the OEM game that pit the Russians versus the Western Allies? Wow.
There is a Boot Camp scenario that does that. Additional scenarios will come with future UPDATES. 1.05 is scheduled to be released next year.

Larry Reese Wrote:2. Way back when Blitz mods were being talked about I had requested two units (and even supplied photos for them). Did these ever make it into circulation? One was a hypothetical Russian APC based on the T-70 chassis (plenty of these running around, could have turned them into a lightly armored all-terrain fully tracked APC). The other was late war Russian infantry platoons armed with captured panzerfaust or panzershreck weapons? Just curious. Would love to experiment with them.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I don't believe so... yet! Hundreds of units are now available though... might be worth taking a look and seeing what kind of goodies you find.

I'll make note of the requested units and see about including them in the 1.05 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM,
RE: Matrix Versions - My Two Cents (and unit question)
Larry,

Have you checked out Arkady's Unit Viewer yet? It's included somewhere in one of the Matrix folders.