• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 40
07-30-2009, 09:32 AM,
France 40
Been a long time since I tried this game. I never attempted the campaign but I remember some smaller scenarios being a fun time. Pros and Cons of the campaign in terms of balance??
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2009, 10:43 AM,
RE: France 40
From my experience the stock CG offer a good chance of an historical result. That is an early German rout of the Allies and a breakthrough to the coast. But the Victory Conditions are very much in favour of the Germans.

Where as the 'Strategy Options' variant plays out very differently to history, but is still a good game. But it also has play balance issues IMO. But its more balanced than the stock games.

I think next time I play a F40 CG I will play a stock version with a very ramped up VP schedule for the Germans. Just my thoughts. I am sure others would prefer the 'Strategy Options' game or other alt versions.
08-02-2009, 09:09 AM,
RE: France 40
The F40 Campaign multi-scenarios (0510_91) with new oob is in my opinion really worth playing. The French and Germans have variable strategic options so you never know exactly what the enemy is about. Jonny