• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scrolling when Opening a Saved Game
08-02-2009, 08:57 PM,
Scrolling when Opening a Saved Game
When I am opening a saved game against the AI on a large scenario such as a campaign, I have noticed that everytime I open the scenario it scrolls, and scrolls, and scrolls again until it reaches some predefined point.

It's a bit annoying because it takes some time for the scrolling to complete and it ends up on the map^not necessarily where I want it. Is there any way to set this so that it just opens the map and let me scroll myself or use the Jump Map ?
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2009, 11:00 PM,
RE: Scrolling when Opening a Saved Game
There is nothing you can do, at least as far as I know, about the map centering on the known units when a scenario is opened. However, it doesn't have to scroll like that. It sounds like you have turned on Smooth Scrolling under settings - check that and turn it off and it should just jump to where it is going, both at start up and if you use the jump map. I am guessing that when you use the jump map it does the same scrolling and scrolling to get to where you are "jumping" to also.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-03-2009, 12:01 AM,
Thanks for that Rick, my F40 CG scenario always slowly scrolled across the map and i didn't realised it was because i had 'Smooth Scrolling' checked in the settings menu! Doooohh :rolleyes:
08-03-2009, 01:46 AM,
Indeed, I had Smooth Scroll checked. I turned it off, and now it jumps right in without doing all this scrolling around. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Rick !