• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR HPS Jutland 05/26/2009
05-28-2009, 06:59 AM,

Last night we have tried J281 “Surprise at sunrise” from the NCC.
The designer is Rich Mercer.
If you search a Scenario for HPS Jutland takes a look at
http://www.navalcampaigns.org/scenarios_jutland.htm

Now to the battle:
Klaus and I took this time the RN while Ernesto and Francisco took the KM.
I got the command of the whole “The Humber Patrol” and gave Klaus the command of the 7th Destroyer Flotilla. He had to control 4 Destroyer Divisions, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Division,
while I had the command over the 9th Battle Squadron, 7th Cruiser Squadron and the 1st Light Cruiser Squadron.
The main course of the “The Humber Patrol” was SE and we had a speed of 13 kn. I knew that the KM stood 22k SE of us. So I gave the order to build a Battleline (BL) with course E and a speed of 16,5kn. I had the hope to cross the T and destroy some light ships of the KM before the BB of the Germans came and slaughtered us. Klaus got the order to sail with the 1st and 2nd to the van of BL and with the 3rd and 4th Division at the rear.
At 0636 we had the first contact with the KM and Klaus Destroyers lay under fire. A short time later we saw the BB’s, CL’s, CA’s and a lot of TB’s. They sailed fist North then changed the course NE and later E. So both BL’s sailed parallel and the B’s (old Battleships) got some hit. I divided the CA’s with a Destroyer Division South in the hope to attack the CA’s of the KM. At this time Klaus gave me the information the Destroyer at the van of the BL found some Mines.
It was the time to go out of fire with the BL and so we sail north.
We lost 3 Destroyer, DD Boxer, DD Express and DD Thrasher.
2 B’s were under 90%.
It was a good battle and Ernesto and Francisco made a good job.
Maybe they can tell us how they have seen the battle.

Tankred_Garm
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2009, 07:03 PM by Maseda.)
RE: AAR HPS Jutland 05/26/2009
Hi,

A great battle, fought with great intensity on both sides.
Appeared on the horizon when the British line of battle, was a terrifying moment.
The game is really fun.

Maseda
Quote this message in a reply