• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
05-21-2009, 12:48 AM,
RE: Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
The reinforcment purchase will take care of the 82mm mortars if you want them. I will then take this setup as good, then. As soonas the other side gets theirs to me we can get under way, they are working hard at it, they have a little more to think about so, might take then a day or two to get one together.
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2009, 12:58 AM,
Okay, that's fine thanks.

For Russian Commanders:

We will advance with infantry, scouts out first of course, backed up with armor and support weapons in overwatch positions. Once you've located enemy strongpoints use the armor to eliminate those positions, and move on to the next strong point. Keep mortars ready to eliminate enemy AT gun positions and crew-served positions.

Do not hazard your armor too early or unnecessarily - try to keep it intact so the HE and cannister can be used to reduce infantry strongpoints.

Keep your SMGs for assault and keep them from expending their ammo at anything over 40 m.

I will weight the battle with reinforcements given how each Task Force is doing respectively at the time, reinforceing success, not failure.

Of course, if Willow wants to command that is fine with me and he can issue different instructions.
05-21-2009, 05:54 AM,
Thanks for the offer herroberst. If its OK with you, I'd still like to be a follower until I get 1 or 2 team games under my belt I'd be happy to assist with plotting the moves on the google maps though if you like.
05-21-2009, 06:59 AM,
Sure, no problem. It should be fun. Yes, I have little time for paintshop graphics.
05-21-2009, 02:47 PM,
Righto guys, sorry to be a bit 'quiet' . Have been a tadge busy over the last few days .... ok, what am up for chaps ?...
05-21-2009, 05:20 PM,
I will get your reinforcement list up tomorrow evening, once it is complete we are ready to start. Thanks for being prompt to respond.[/b]
05-21-2009, 07:41 PM,
Thanks for setting this up Ratzki. Looks like this will be a lot of fun.
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2009, 05:20 PM by Ratzki.)
Thanks, I hope that it works out well.
This list will change from day to day. YOU HAVE 8 POINTS to choose from the list below. You can save all/part/none of you points to carry over to the next day. Tomorrow you will get another set up points as well. You can buy any combination of units that you want, so want to spend all your points on Fortifications, go ahead, it's yours to choose.
The weather now is snowing but reports speak of a clearing trend comming as early as this afternoon. Remember that it is winter so the days are a little shorter and the nights longer.
The reinforcements will come from the east and move towards where you want them to go by the route that you select.
Being that you are done early I will give untill Sunday for this next step to be completed. After that we are under way, again if you finish early and so does the other guys, we can start earlier. Thanks for getting right on this like you have. Any questions let me know.

Here is the Russian Reinforcement list:
[Image: RussianReinforementpg123.png]

[Image: RussianReinforementpg223.png]
05-23-2009, 06:10 PM,
One question Ratzki;

Will we be plotting individual platoon's movement on the Google map at some point? Or will it be more a matter of moving each task group in the general direction we want them to go? I'm also curious about the effect of obvious geographic features. For example, I noticed some large gullies and ravines - will entering them cost movement delays?

As for the reinforcements. I see 3 points off the top for the 82mm platoon as suggested by herroberst. Maybe even a second one. What do you guys think?:conf:
Willow
05-23-2009, 06:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2009, 06:15 PM by willow.)
Here's a couple maps I hope might be of interest to someone :chin:

[Image: Tatsinskayamap-set-up.jpg]

[Image: Theatremap23DEC42.jpg]

We've got a long way to go!