• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls
05-28-2009, 02:10 AM,
RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls
What all the other German Cders think about our forces placing and the strategy of this campaign?
Come on gentlemen we have to move this thread a bit :)
Do not believe what you think
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM,
Well, I still think it's dangerous to leave our left flank comletely open, but on the other hand it could prove to be lifesaving decision! It also depends on what our enemy will decide. :chin:
Anyway, battles are not won on the maps, but downthere in the mud! And that's where we're waiting for them!:smoke:
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM,
Thats the spirit Herr Chuck!
Having the left flank open it is indeed an uncomfortable situation
hope this will be fixed soon when our next reinforcements will arrive.
05-29-2009, 05:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 05:53 AM by Ratzki.)
Hi guys I am drwing the battle maps now. One down and one to go. You will be fighting here in the south with your Group B.
[Image: Update23-1.png]
Group B will be totally engaged and Group D can provide some help. You can commit some/none or all of Group D to the battle. You have to let me know before I get the last map done so that I can set up the forces. KG Chuck is on the way but will not make it in time to take part in this battle.
Conditions are:
Mid-Day
Extremely cold
Strong wind
Snowing
Light snow on the ground
Reports have 6 Russian tanks in the immediate area and at least one company of infantry. Limited visibility prevents any more information from being gathered.
Here is the map looking east, from the outskirts of town. The size is 2080m x 1680m.
[Image: Update23bmap.png]
05-29-2009, 07:56 AM,
The second battle will take place here:
[Image: Update23b-1.png]
This is the map that I am working on at the present time. Weather conditions are the same. Intelligence syas that there are 9 Russian tanks comming this way with an unknown amount of infantry. Again, because of the weather, this information is sketchy at best. The Russians will be engaging Group C with possible support from Group A. There has been sighting of Russian armor and men moving west along the train tracks towards the town, as well. After a consultation with the Russians, I will have to draw up a 3rd map as well as the Russians will hit the town by moving along the tracks later in the Mid-Day period. So you can help out with the 2nd battle with any/all/none of the units from group A if you want.
As well, any other movements with any other groups should be contemplated now, as to not waste any time.
05-30-2009, 01:30 AM,
Will the maps have exit zones so we can pull our troops out of the battle when/if needed?
05-30-2009, 01:51 AM,
You will email the enemy with a disengagement, make note of the game turn and 5 turns later both players will hit the ceasefire.
05-30-2009, 03:24 AM,
According with the so far Intel 15 Tanks with a Battalion of infantry is going to attack through the center of the map.
The Russians will be reinforced by a second wave of unknown strength force,
most probably the follow up force will try to exploit any gaps made by the first attack.
My estimation is that the enemy objectives are , gain a foothold at the town outflank the airstrip and cut of our supply lines.
The cutting of our supply lines if Russians are able to break our KG B will
have serius effect for our KG D and KG E as those forces will be isolated with no major road at their disposal and with their north flank open.
05-30-2009, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2009, 05:02 AM by cargol.)
I m thinking of reinforcing KG B with 2 A/A Guns 2 MGs and an Inf Plt from KG D.
As for KG C i m thinking of pulling an Inf Coy from KG A in order to reinforce it
for the upcoming battle.
As for KG Chuck will have readiness to reinforce KG B or KG C or KG A depending on the tactical situation.
Fellow German Cders what do u think?
Please Ratzki those are still thoughts u ll be informed when they ll be permanent orders.
05-30-2009, 05:05 AM,
It looks as though KG A will be right in the path of another Russian force, they are two far to confirm but reports have them heading in KG A's direction. Unknown amouts of troops and tanks.
Battle maps are made and ready to have the games started on them as soon as the Germans decide what they are going to do right now.