• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM,
RE: Germans ONLY "Little Saturn" No Russians Pls
Cargol, I'm afraid that our supply lines will be cut off by the end of the Day 1 if enemy tries to outflank us! I think we must at least hold that little town (Uglegorskiy) north of the city! It has a good road comming from the west which can be used to bring the reinforcements to the front if something goes wrong down at the Tatsinskiy.

Cheers!
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2009, 08:22 AM,
With the limited forces and the broad front that we had to cover i ve
decided to defend the two vital points(airstrip and town) with a bigger concentration of forces rather than spread thin all over the map.
U are right that we could be outflanked North of the city but
with this set up we have in our hands the railroad line that runs through the city and a second road just south from the town that connect us with west which is our supply lines.
If the Russian Cders are bold enough to try to ouflank us,North of the town , without
achiving a breakthrough in the center or South and given the fact that we control a road to forward our reinforcements we should hit them in their flanks.
I ve tried also to put my self in the Russian's Cder position and
i think that he will try to use his armour North and South of the town trying to isolate the town iteself while probing the town to find test our defences,neverthelles i ve positioned a good amount of forces at the town cause this is our main objective,
And trying to cut us off our suply lines.
I think our tactical approach in the upcoming battles should be the one of attrition till we get some descent armour forces in order to retake
what will be lost in terms of terrain.
I dont think that in this early stage will gamble an allout attack in the city being booged down in urban battles.
The question is what kind of reinforcements we shall obtain and where to place them?
Any suggestions?
Do not believe what you think
05-23-2009, 11:05 AM,
The reinforcements will come at various times throughout the day at locations to be determined, they will have to be moved into position by your team. Just something else to think about, but you will have to decide each group's posture Attack or Defense. When two units come in contact with one another, a battle will only take place if one or both units are in an Attack posture. Just a little more to think about.
05-23-2009, 08:19 PM,
I m thinking of buying an Infantry Coy a medium AT Plt and a mortar spotter,creating a KG that will be our reserve force to be used in order to seal any gap made or to counterattack if the need arise.
But before i ll make this decision i have to ask what Mr Chuck,my COS
is thinking about :)
So Chuck what u are thinking?
05-23-2009, 09:21 PM,
LOL... I agree with KG idea. But maybe it would be better to take one Inf. Coy and Heavy AT Gun Pltn? I think it's better to sacrifice mortars to gain some AT power... Anyway, it's your call, sir! :)
Awaiting your orders, sir!
05-24-2009, 07:13 PM,
The reinforcements purchase goes like this.
One Inf coy+a Medium AT Gun Plt, this force will
be named KG Chuck and will act as our reserve force.
The path that they will follow is shown at the pic below.
[Image: setupreinf.jpg]
The posture of all our forces will be defensive.
As for KG Chuck it will move towards their final position but they will
be ready to relocate as ordered according to the tactical situation.
Brave German soldiers!Its time to defend the ground we have gained
with so much blood and sacrifices!!
The superiority of the German arms will prevail!The Russian hordes will
be pushed back to Asia where they belong.
Not a step back :)
05-25-2009, 02:01 AM,
Just one clarification, the AT Gun Plt should a heavy one instead of Medium.
05-25-2009, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2009, 04:10 AM by Ratzki.)
Ok I got it. Just waiting for the Ivans to come up with thier purchases and we are under way. So KG Chuck is going to stay limbered so that it can respond quickly to where it is needed. Everyone else is on the Defensive. Seeing as haow the Russians will be moving your way and your forces will be stationary, at what range do you want to start the battle at? This way I will know what size to build the map(s).
05-25-2009, 05:17 AM,
Its up to you, im sure u ll choose the most fair option for both sides :)
05-26-2009, 05:10 AM,
All moves are in, and when i get home from work I will be running them and seeing what comes from them. Any battles resulting will be divided between all involved. If there are not enough battles for all players, then some battles will be played by more the one group with the results being an average(for lack of a better word) for all the same battles being fought.

The Russians are comming.