• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wanted: dependable veteran
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Wanted: dependable veteran
:)I would like to play a dependable, veteran player who is willing to commit to a full campaign game; I am less interested in the scenario/side than I am in playing someone who is dependable.

I have a very stressful job Eekand really enjoy the distraction and diversion PzC offers. My favorite current opponent is usually very dependable, but has stopped sending moves, and I fear that all is not well in his life. Another opponent has become very unrealiable, and I am losing patience and interest in continuing that match, even thought it has become very interesting and he is playing well.

I recently accepted to play two rookies; one immediatley disappeared after the first move, and the second can't seem to understand how to setup a game despite intensive tutoring on my part.

I am now waiting weeks at a time waiting for moves, and frankly this is beyond acceptable for my psyche. So...

I want to play a veteran who is dependable, who likes to play for the enjoyment, whose ego does not identify with winning rather the joy of playing.

Any takers?

Marquo Toast
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM,
RE: Wanted: dependable veteran
Hi Marquo I think im a pretty dependable player.I dont thinkwe have played against each other yet i you look at my record I have completed a good number of campaigns. I dont play Panzer Campaigns that much lately but willing to take a game looking to play a Korsun 44 Volcano mans prefer Russian but will play German if interested send it and we can get underway.

Dennis
05-15-2009, 04:51 PM,
Marquo Wrote:I recently accepted to play two rookies; one immediatley disappeared after the first move, and the second can't seem to understand how to setup a game despite intensive tutoring on my part.

I feel your pain.......... Cry

If i had any free time i would take you on, but in Dennis you have a most dependable opponent. :)
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM,
Hi Marquo,

I wouldn't call myself a veteran, but I am a dependable player. I am looking to play a campaign game. I am also looking for an opponent who is more about enjoying the game than win at all costs. Let me know if you are interested.

Ryan
05-16-2009, 01:09 PM,
Dennis -

I have read some threads about VM's KorsunAlt - is it ready for prime time? Have you tried it? I will look at it; I remember that the stock campaign was a cinch for the Axis; closing the pocket was hard, and really all the Axis had to do was retreat west; I do not think there were even enough vps for the Soviet to win if the Axis simply retreated off the map.

Ryan -

What are you looking to play?
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM,
Hi Marquo,

I am the designer for the Korsun_Alt campaign.

There is a V2 that we are currently testing with the below changes. If you want this later version let me know. It will probably be officially released in about a month - IF the beefed up German defenses make sense. Current playtests show they do - the 389th Inf does not collapse in the first couple of turns now.

If you want the latest file I will post it in this thread on request.

Changes v2.0

GENERAL

• Number of trenches and bunkers increased in 389th Inf, 72nd Inf and 3rd Panzer sectors, to allow a more historical timeline for the breakout.
• Fixed various ‘vacated’ hexes

GERMAN

• Wiking FE battalion and bridging engineer relocated to Steblev
• Wiking detached Kampfgruppe at Yekaterinovka (145,101) composition changed to 1 Panzer Grenadier battalion, 2 Panzer companies and supporting units.
• HQ SS PzG Regt 1 changed from C morale to A morale. Peiper was better than that!!
• Wallonien Brigade changed from B morale to A morale. This unit fought very well during the encirclement.
• 676th Infantry Regiment, 57th Infantry Division relocated to Tashlyk (137,94)
• 1/Pz.Pio.27 bought up to full strength
• 14th Panzer starting positions adjusted around Novo-Mirgorod (130,126)
• 11th Panzer enters as reinforcement beginning at 4am 26th January.
• 1/26th Panzer enters as reinforcement beginning at 4am 28th January.
• 8th Army HQ starts on map.
05-16-2009, 10:16 PM,
Strela,

Have you changed the VPs so that the Axis can't win simply by retreating off the board? The stock version was frustrating in that regard.

Marquo
05-16-2009, 10:32 PM,
Hi Marquo,

Yes VM increased the VP's by a factor of 5. Places like Korsun are now 2,500 points. The German player will be badly penalised if he just retreats away....

Strela
05-17-2009, 12:17 AM,
Hi Marquo

I am playing this campaign in another club am on turn and from the looks of so far from what I can see the Germans lost lot of those AA units and halftrack units that used to run circles around the Russian Infantry and isolate pockets of them also the German tank strength is not as strong as in original campaign.The reason I want to play this one was I have always liked K44 it was the 1st HPS game I bought and got me started but like you said the old campaign the Germans all they had to do is just use their mobility to run to the east to where the reinforcing panzer Divisions will arrive and the game is over