• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt 4.3 update
05-09-2009, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2009, 02:48 AM by Aaron.)
Bolt 4.3 update
In the process of uploading the 4.3 update, as usual its on rapidshare and theres the full download with graphics or a partial with just the updated game files only. Changelog below

1. The 2 US forward Bdes are rebuilt into their respected divisions and their Div HQ are on the map and so is 3rd Corp HQ so theirs no C&C issue.This solves the problem of their ART Bns not supporting the whole division.
2. Ive rearranged the oob so more div are attachable, this includes the Pact div that started at Army Group level and the US 82nd and 101st (5th Corp). I just assigned them all to Corps or Armies so now they can be attached and detached, as for the Soviet Airborne units ive created an HQ for attachment purposes only.
3. Fixed the 20th guards army spelling, it read 2 different ways.
4. Added a little more movement to helos.
5. Added 2 to HA of su-25
6. Created a Nato Sam belt HQ for all NAto hawk units and gave it a command range of 290, marked no attachments so cant be used for gamey purposes. Those 16 Hawk units will stay in command now as long as u keep them in West Germany.
7. Added Nuke and Chem icons to map mode
8. Moved all Austrian Delay inf into the existing bunkers on the map and reduced values and changed movement to 0. These units were suppose to operate behind the lines IN AUSTRIA!!!!!!!! This keeps them in Austria in their area of operations but still makes them difficult to kill.
9. The Soviet Airborne divisions ART Bns wernt supporting the whole division, rearranged the oob so now they do.
10. Added 1 to HA and SA of Soviet 2s9 units.
11. Moved 2000 more VP points forward, this will help keep NATO fighting more forward and/or if the NATO player runs early it will force him into a counter attack to win the game.
12. Slight adjustment to end game VP levels. Goes with the movement of points forward to help keep Nato player fighting a more forward battle.
13. Adjustment to Italian equipment in oob
14. 2 changes to Hungarian unit Ids.
15. Ported over what i was doing in Korea89 and that is 2 hour day,3 hour night turns with dawn being 4am,dusk 8pm and 2 night turns at 10pm and 1am. Adjusted fix unit release,AC,reinforcements,strategys and AI to reflect the new turn cycle.
16. A West German ART unit started game in T mode, changed to deployed.

Aaron

An update on Korea89, i have completed 1.0, working on graphics now, did all the US HQ units the other day working on ROK ones now.
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 05:44 PM,
RE: Bolt 4.3 update
tazaaron Wrote:9. The Soviet Airborne divisions ART Bns wernt supporting the whole division, rearranged the oob so now they do.

That will explain why those useless chuffers in my game can't target anything.
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM,
So 24hrs is now 11 turns instead of 12...........is that correct ?
05-10-2009, 01:54 AM,
Yes 24 hours is 11 turns, the scenario is 18 days now instead of 17.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
05-10-2009, 04:43 AM,
Are you a serial tweaker...................was it worth all that effort just to have 1 less turn in a day ? I mean that in a light hearted way............ must of taken you some time to re-do all the reinforcements !
05-11-2009, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2009, 05:02 AM by Aaron.)
Actually only took me about 90 minutes, i tweak straight through the files not the editor, its a hell of a lot faster. Some people didnt like the way the night turns were, and i was fixing a few other things anyways so i thought id make the few people happier, thats just the kind of guy i am.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way