• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bridges and bridges
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM,
RE: Bridges and bridges
Ricky B Wrote:I don't think storms have an impact but maybe they do???

If it isn't in the docs, then no - it won't have any impact.

The Storm Rules were created for Rzhev to simulate the conditions at the start of the attack and I believe the Weather dat for Normandy was revised to build this in - but we were not thinking about Bridges when these rules were discussed and created.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM,
Yeah, I thought that would be the case, the has definitely put a damper on offensive operations. I was hoping to find somebody to blame over my bridge building effort, or lack there of. I am beginning to think now the allies are paying them off. Its hard to compete with hershey chocolate.
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM,
I think your lack of success in building the bridge has more to do with only "93 men" working the project than anything else. The morale and fatigue level of those "93 men" will matter as discussed before in this thread.

Or maybe they are bone tired of cold rations and rain?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-17-2009, 01:18 AM,
Cold rations (insufficient too) and rain for a 3-4 days will definatly do it. The expression "dog tired" comes to mind. I think you have to experience it yourself to really know how miserable life as a soldier can be. Big Grin
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2009, 04:22 AM by Liquid_Sky.)
No doubt about it, I calculated only a 7% chance. They are A morale though. I do know that means that the computer checks for success based on that percentage every turn, and it is irrelavent to the statistics that it had checked on any previous turn. So every turn, its a 7% chance.

I just took them off of bridge detail, and they are now resting to get some fatigue back and to recover their 7 missing friends so the unit will be at full strength (100). Then it will be back to the grind, although if I dont get the bridge up before the storm ends, he will be able to see it being built, and my panzer suprise will be lost.

On another note, I had a fixed garrison troop in one of the back towns digging in for over a week before he finally made it. Was almost red fatigue. Stuff happens, err...or doesnt :)
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM,
One more bridge question. Does having more than one bridge unit building a bridge in the same hex help your chances?
05-19-2009, 12:31 AM,
Sure, each one gets checked separately so it would basically double the chances.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-19-2009, 12:52 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:Sure, each one gets checked separately so it would basically double the chances.

Rick

But there is no added benefit of having 3 battalions working on the same bridge other than each getting a roll?
05-19-2009, 01:46 AM,
Correct, just extra checks/chances, but no faster otherwise.
[Image: exercise.png]
05-19-2009, 04:15 AM,
So much for the Super Construction Battalion!