• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air sup. holy sh...!!!!
05-06-2009, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2009, 05:55 AM by Amnesia.)
Air sup. holy sh...!!!!
What the hell with the air superiority management ??
After almost 11 years, I thought that I had understand how it work :

Little fighters in AIR SUPERIORITY
Big bombarders in AIR INTERDICTION or COMBAT SUPPORT..
And I used to limit the deployement of the INTERDICTION and the COMBAT SUPPORT if I was in inferiority with my fighters..

Currently I am fighting on WEST FRONT against USA, UK and CANADIAN armies, my WHOLE luftwaffe, and Italian air unit are in France, the Russia is now occupied and free of communism.. There is no air battle anymore in the EAST FRONT..

How the hell this can be still possible ? What am I doing wrong ?

[Image: sanstitreyuh.jpg]

The screen has been took from allied side..
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2009, 12:35 PM,
RE: Air sup. holy sh...!!!!
First, you have to cut the reported air losses for the enemy side (on your screen, the Axis side) in half; the game over-reports enemy air losses by 100%. And clearly, the Allies have substantial air superiority, and their fighters would seem to be within range of the bulk of your airforce, so the number seems possible. A lot of your losses could be fighters, but you'll also lose bombers, especially when on combat support, but some even on interdiction. I'd say you're in the process of losing air superiority to the Allies.....hmmm, that's happened before, somewhere, some time.....I imagine the proficiency of the US and British fighters is a lot higher, than that of the Russians was.
05-06-2009, 11:06 PM,
Ok.
So in your opinion, there is nothing I can do..
Should I simply accept that the England is impossible to invade now ? With the presense of USA forces there ?
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM,
TOAW's air combat report very often lowers our loses and highers enemy loses ,but I don't know why .
05-07-2009, 10:02 AM,
Try leaving bombers on interdiction and fighters on air superiority, but for both bombers and fighters, keep all squadrons on "rest" until their readiness is 2/3 (67%). Don't let any seaborne forces get caught on the sea; they will be fairly safe in ports, it's very hard to damage them there, by air. If you're stronger on the ground, you should be able to invade England in spite of strong enemy air forces. And if the Allies' bombers are interdicting everything that moves, try shorter moves, just a few hexes at a time, the longer moves seem to attract more attention from enemy air.
05-08-2009, 07:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2009, 07:02 AM by Weasel.)
I guess lower quality aircraft crews would be part of that huge loss too? Less training less ability?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha