• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

0125_01s: The Korsun Pocket Full Campaign_Alt.
05-03-2009, 07:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM by Bushido.)
0125_01s: The Korsun Pocket Full Campaign_Alt.
I am seeking an Axis opponent and a Russian opponent in this fantastic battle!

Opt.rules: Volcanoman's recommended

IMPORTANT: I want a very high turnaround in these games,I am talking about 5-7 turns a week.

Interested send me an e-mail: Stynx69athotmaildotcom
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2009, 03:31 PM,
RE: 0125_01s: The Korsun Pocket Full Campaign_Alt.
Is this scenario at VM's website?
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM,
Hiroo,

yes it is in the newest VM Korsun pack now all sce. have got the alt treatment.
05-03-2009, 06:59 PM,
Bushido Wrote:Opt.rules: Volcanoman's recommended

VM Opt rules should always be used for _Alt scenarios, otherwise you may get some weird results. ;)
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM,
Yes Sir I know! :-)
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM,
Looks like this sce. have big popularity. All games taken. Thanks to all!
05-04-2009, 04:10 PM,
Greetings - I worked closely with Volcano Man on pulling this scenario together.

Can you please feedback your experiences please? I have seen some comments that the German 389th Infantry Division collapses too quickly and I am toying with increasing the fortifications in a number of areas.

I don't want to rush and do this though without some feedback from game experiences.

There are some V2 adjustments ready to go that fix both errors and also more insights from further research. Some is cosmetic, but others such as the 676th Regt from 57th Infantry division being placed much further south than in the current scenario is significant.

Any other feedback is VERY welcome.
05-05-2009, 07:30 AM,
Historically the 389th section of the front took the brunt of the attack and collapsed fairly soon I think it was on the first day of the assault if I'm not mistaken. A breakthrough was achieved when Ju87 Stuka bombers bombed their own defensive line which demoralized the few remaining german defenders to the point of collapse.

Think about it? Hard pressed to desperation in your foxhole you rejoice to see friendly CAS show up, only to turn into fear seconds later as you realize they are turning to attack YOU.

Imho the 389th should be able to put up a good fight, they certainly did historically, but the soviets should still be able to break through with some concentrated effort.

I've not played this campaign yet but am looking forward to! :)
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
05-05-2009, 07:50 AM,
Yes, if the 389th ID breaks fairly quickly then it is probably a good thing to help speed along the Soviet attack. Of course it is always down to how soon is soon enough -- slightly adjusting starting fatigue levels or fortifications is a bit tricky to get "just right". :)
Send this user an email
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM,
Ed and Strela,

I have 2 games going I play Axis in one and the other Allied. I got both games in the PCC but my opponents should be experienced PZC gamers so this will be great.

I will give feedback how this plays out.