• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITP bug
05-02-2009, 02:31 AM,
WITP bug
Today i was confronted with "fatal error 818"
A bug in the WITP -game.
I asked Matrix online help.
Reinstalling the game and the latest patch was the only solution.

BUT all my slots are lost.
So,all my games need a restart.

I will gladly do that.

But I will understand if some of you will not restart.
A fantastic start as moderator,SORRY to all my WITP opponents.

Andrew
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 03:03 AM,
RE: WITP bug
For anyone else who has this problem, here is the link to Matrix Games site which gives full instructions !.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2088070
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
05-02-2009, 12:50 PM,
Andrew,
Go ahead and restart our game.we were early in the game anyway.
semper fi
Jim
05-12-2009, 06:16 AM,
Won't always believe the Matrix forum advice. Regularly got fatal error 999; advice on forum: full reinstall. Eventually found that my AV software quarantines witprec.exe file everytime it does a routine scan of my PC. Simply restore file and carry on. Not sure about your particular error but worth investigating.

Jacques[/u]
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM,
Sir,

I will keep this in mind.

Txs,

Andrew
05-13-2009, 01:09 AM,
I am a little confused.:chin: Couldn't you just save the 'save' folder to another spot and then reload the game. When that was done , copy the 'save' folder to the root of WITP and overwrite the stuff in there giving you back your games in progress?
05-13-2009, 05:17 AM,
Guy's if you are gonna restart games you should consider waiting until the AE version is released which won't be too far away now.
Or at the very least install the Andrew Brown CHS mod which has a better researched map, superb graphics and the game has numerous tweaks based on several years experience for enhanced gaming.

Matrix state that there is no need to zip the game file but I now think it's better to do so.
And as fastphil suggested moving the save folder before uninstalling is a good idea. The simple moves are the best moves.