• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Para drop scenario extreme fog of war
02-27-2011, 04:49 AM,
Para drop scenario extreme fog of war
I think it would be cool to have something along the lines of extreme fog of war for para drop scenarios. It would be say a Rgt sized scenario and the units are dropped and mostly end up as a bunch of scattered squads. You are highlighted on your first unit, you cannot see any of the map or other units except what that squad can see in LOS. You move him toward a village he can see in an attempt to get their bearings on their location. There is another squad already there but you won't know that until they get in LOS of each other. Once established, to click on either unit you would be able to see everything either one has already seen since they are now working together. In order to move all your units, you have to click next unit and continue. At least with the paras, they didn't know where anybody else was, only where they were supposed to be according to plan. I think that would be cool for a few Squad Battles scenarios.
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 12:12 AM,
RE: Para drop scenario extreme fog of war
What you're asking for here would require some changes to the game engine, and hence coding. I'd imagine if it were relatively straight-forward, they'd at least think about it. I know little or nothing about this, but what you're thinking about sounds like more than a little bit of work.

I'd throw any suggestions you have at the folks at JTS directly through their site.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
03-03-2011, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 02:37 AM by Rabbit.)
I have forgotten from where I downloaded it, but you might give the Eagles Strike scenario entitled "Revenge at Kastelli ASL-45" a try if you can find it. While it doesn't have the additional layer of confusion you requested, I found it to be a rather enjoyable scenario that gave a good feel of doing an air drop in unknown enemy territory. If you are into para drops, I think you'd like it quite a bit.
03-03-2011, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 02:56 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
http://tfe4.wordpress.com/sb-game-resour...es-strike/

It's towards the bottom in the European Add-On Scenario section.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
03-03-2011, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 03:34 AM by Compass Rose.)
Repeated information......See Above Post.
03-03-2011, 03:17 AM,
I must be going blind as I had taken a quick look there, but hadn't seen it even though it's quite obvious. Thanks for the link!
03-16-2011, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 10:21 AM by Wolfgang.)
I'm crossing my fingers hoping the next jts release is a squad battles game.

I'd love to see multi-day scenarios with many turns played out on large maps wherein I'd have to rest troops and be concerned about resupply and stuff. That would be fun!

I like the air assault scenarios in MW and ToD.
Have you tried Musa Qala from Modern War yet? Its an airborne assault on a defended hill position with limited visibility. Tons of fun.
I also recently played "Rays of the Rising Sun" from Pacific War which was a para drop scenario and a lot of fun to play.
Send this user an email
03-17-2011, 05:49 AM,
There is also a scattered air drop in DBP. (Actually there are a couple.)