• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whats Games are Supported by the Air and Sea Ladder ?
04-30-2009, 10:55 AM,
Whats Games are Supported by the Air and Sea Ladder ?
Hi

Member of the SP and Cm ladders but wanting to broaden the gaming horizon so to speak. So I am after the games supported by thsi ladder?

Cheers :)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2009, 11:11 AM,
RE: Whats Games are Supported by the Air and Sea Ladder ?
Sea and Air Combat Ladder

A Little Air and Naval Action:

Uncommon Valor

War in the Pacific

War Plan Orange

Battle of Britain

12 O'Clock High

These are from the ROE's games supported section. I think this is the up to date official list.

RR
04-30-2009, 11:33 AM,
You are correct (as usual !) Ed !

With all of these supported games Marcus they are LONG games to play ! - for example I am playing 4 FULL Campaigns of War in The Pacific which run from Pearl Harbour to VJ Day which means I am in for the long haul !.(ie the WHOLE Pacific Campaign)!

This does not detract from the fun of playing though !.

A shorter game to play is Uncommon Valour which covers the Battle Of The South Pacific only.

If anyone wants to play get them to email or PM me and I will try to fit them in !.

Toni
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM,
Thanks Ed and Toni. I will do some looking to see where I can pick them up over this side of the world. :) I imagine I will have to get them from over your way though.
Send this user an email
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM,
Wigam Wrote:Thanks Ed and Toni. I will do some looking to see where I can pick them up over this side of the world. :) I imagine I will have to get them from over your way though.

The cheapest way to get them is as a digital download from their website :

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/store.asp?

The downloads you can burn to a DVD to keep !

They do snail mail sales but it may be expensive to get them sent to the land of the long white cloud.

I did a digital download to buy Campaign Series, TOAW3 and WiTP with no problems - the only thing you need to do is to save the serial number, so if your hard drive breaks you can download the games again.

Any more queries mate, just holler !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-30-2009, 09:13 PM,
Also be aware that War in the Pacific has some shorter scenarios then the whole war. Currahee and myself are playing a scenario covering the first three months of the war covering the area from the Phillipines to India and to Australia. Still takes awhile to play but I can figure on finishing a lot sooner.
05-01-2009, 07:01 AM,
Thanks thats good to know.

Also whats the game like to get ones head around, so I could start playing some games with some good folks?
Send this user an email
05-01-2009, 12:58 PM,
The two I can talk about are Uncommon Valour (or Valor if your American!) and War in The Pacific.

Uncommon Valour

Not to difficult as the idea is to create naval task forces and convoys to attack the US/Japanese and conquer important areas such as Guadalcanal/ Port Moresby etc, there are some land units to ship and move but not too many and some air units to manage.

Battles range from 8 days long to the whole battle for the South Pacific

WiTP

For the smaller battles its much the same as Uncommon Valour, the big difference comes when you start to play the bigger battles, in fact you can play the whole campaign from Pearl Harbour to VJ Day.

This campaign is HUGE !, as the Japanese you have to research technologies etc as well as trying to conquer the Pacific.
As the US/Allies its a question of defend and rebuild !.

Amy more questions - just ask !