• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is it just me?
04-05-2009, 12:00 PM,
RE: Is it just me?
I've played and tested this game a lot and I have never, ever seen that happen. Nor has such an effect ever come up in all the testing done. If that was actually something that happened with any frequency it would have come up by now or have been reported.

People have made such claims before and those times they provided save games it was discovered that every single time it was NOT the routed squad that fired back but that there was a second, unspotted, squad present in the same hex or in an adjacent hex that did the attacking. It can appear to be the routed squad firing, especially if the pursuer is destroyed or routed itself by the second squad and there's no second spotter close by to spot the second squad afterwards.

I'm very much convinced that if such an effect existed, especially with the frequency you claim it does, we would have seen evidence of it. We haven't and I stand by my earlier statement that such an effect does in fact not existed in the game.

If you can provide proof of the contrary I'll stand corrected, but I very much doubt that will happen.

Narwan
04-05-2009, 12:32 PM,
RE: Is it just me?
As the games are long since done, and I am not playing winsp anymore, obviously I cannot. If the others of my opponents who I was playing when this did happen would post here then you would see that I am not imagining things. Is it a big deal? no.

Besides, how could you provide proof? The replay does not show unit status of the target, and although the unit might un-rout and attack me it may not if you tried it with the same files.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-05-2009, 12:58 PM,
Closed
Ok, closing this thread just so it doesn't get heated or taken as a bashing post. I only started out by asking about MGs and then this thing grew legs from there.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha