• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Tactics Articles
03-27-2009, 02:50 AM,
SB Tactics Articles
Here's a link to a series of articles written years ago about SB tactics, geared mainly for newer players, but still an excellent resource that should be revisited by most players, if for nothing more than a good read about the game we love.

http://hosted.wargamer.com/SquadBattles/id117.htm

The initial few articles became a bit of a bible to me as I struggled to learn the game engine back in the day. Even now, it's interesting to go back and read them to glean some hidden gem I've forgotten along the way. For anyone just getting into the SB world, or struggling a bit with the game play, I think these articles might be useful, especially the first 6 or 7 of them.

One of the biggest lessons dealt with mortars. I used to get very frustrated with what seemingly was a lack of effectiveness with my mortar rounds. The article explained the hows and whys and some good tips to maximize one's mortar assets. The last articles are more philosophical in nature.

Clearly the same tactics cannot be applied across all games, but they give a nice overview of tips and tricks that might improve your game play.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply