• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adding support to a scenario
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM,
Adding support to a scenario
Every time I try to add support, I get the message 'Invalid unit selected', even when I select an officer with a radio. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to make the off board arty more accurate, eg having all the fire land in one hex, since modern artillery is very accurate? Thanks!

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM,
RE: Adding support to a scenario
Off-map support is either artillery or aircraft, not 'on-map' units such as infantry or tanks.

Unfortunately the games do not support precision artillery strikes. While having a radio and commander unit with a clear line of sight to the target improves things, even that won't guarantee a direct hit.
For updates on my mods, visit IronX Mods Blog.
03-25-2009, 07:53 PM,
If I want to select RCHA Echo Battery as my off board arty, what are the steps for that? I have them in the OOB, do I put them on the map? I've read the manual looking for the steps, and I haven't found it.

03-26-2009, 12:10 AM,
Mad Dog:

You need to be in the scenario editor. Select one of the guns in Echo battery in the Unit Dialog. Then go to the "Scenario" menu item (second from the left if I remember correctly). Scroll down to the "Add Support" option and select it. This will open a window where you can select the number of rounds, the number of missions, the min and max delay and whether the artillery is randomly controlled.

Artillery accuracy is a function of the leader who is calling it in's morale rating assuming the target hex is in his line of sight. This determines the scatter of the target hex. Setup radios will assist in hitting areas outside of the line of sight. Once the actual target hex is determined, it is pretty much random scatter and I agree, it is not very accurate.

Jeff
03-26-2009, 12:26 AM,
Just a note: A more accurate strike can be more or less guaranteed by placing a high quality leader with a "set up" radio that has LOS with the target hex.
03-26-2009, 09:32 AM,
Thanks guys, I got it sorted out.