• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Most popular titles on this ladder.
03-25-2009, 07:53 AM,
RE: Most popular titles on this ladder.
Great job, now we can see that Stalingrad and Minsk have really jumped up the list and poor old Tobruk is way down.

Normandy is still low which i was surprised about. :chin:
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM,
:chin:Bien essaye mais pas de cigare...:rolleyes:

Good try, but no cigar...you also have to factor in whether the games are short little scenarios which are finished quicker or longer ones...this will not be an easy feat...:chin:

Marquo
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM by Steel God.)
LOL, and definitely crosses into the realm of "the juice ain't worth the squeeze". ;)

It's not too hard to find out what's popular at any given moment, just ask folks what they're playing. Big Grin

And Darran, I'm not surprised to see N44 so low in the rankings. A popular subject but a LOT of people have always objected to the OOB work on that title. Unit density kills the pleasure of the game for many.
03-26-2009, 12:56 AM,
They are so many indicators we would need to add such as:

- if a particular game has been used in tournament
- and yes it's also about the size of the scenario
And of course at the end... it's always about personal preferences. :smoke:

Smolensk is certainly (especially the extension pack) one of the games with the most playability. Not too much units, a lot of strategical choices, etc... :whis:

I also love the desert games. For a long time Tobruk was my favorite...
Send this user an email
03-26-2009, 05:54 AM,
steel god Wrote:And Darran, I'm not surprised to see N44 so low in the rankings. A popular subject but a LOT of people have always objected to the OOB work on that title. Unit density kills the pleasure of the game for many.
Ah ok, i don't have N44 so i was not aware of that. ;)
03-27-2009, 04:32 AM,
Well, N44 (and T41) are my favorite two PzCs of all time, and both have the same OOB structure. I am not saying that I like the OOB structure, but I think the approach works well for both games and should remain there. It obviously doesn't work well for K44 though.

I think the main problem which pushes people away from N44 is the relatively stagnant nature of the campaign, which I personally like. It feels much like a chess match which is a fresh change from other titles.

Good job on the list... I take it for what it is; just a quick non-scientific estimate on how popular games are. We need not take it as the gospel. ;)
Send this user an email
03-27-2009, 10:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2009, 10:03 AM by Liquid_Sky.)
Yeah...just finished turn 101 in my N44 campaign, and the front doesnt really move anymore...although it still is fun, since you can launch limited offensives as the Germans

And soon I will receive reinforcements that dont have to be thrown into the line...including Das Reich.