• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Main Event IV: M1A1 vs. Schwerpunkt
05-01-2009, 01:07 AM,
RE: Main Event IV
Wondering if Mr. X damaged gun panzer can still fire machineguns?
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM,
Yes, the Pz still has it's MGs to fire with.
05-05-2009, 03:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2009, 04:31 AM by Ratzki.)
With only 4 turns left, it would appear that the Russians have run out of steam. M1A1 is not moving forward much and Mr. X seems content to blast away with his Pz's at Russian squads as they appear. They are either now playing for a draw or getting ready for one last attack on the other. It looks as though the score will be about 46% to 40% in favour of Mr. X at the moment. Both sides are down to 55%+- in morale, but M1 is in poor shape with ammo while Mr.X still has enough to get by for the remainder of the game. Will have to wait and see if either side can pull something off in the final few turns.
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM,
Mr. X comments -

'Well Fellows...
We near the end. Those of you that bet against me, well, I hope you lose lots of money! Those that kept the faith, you shall be rewarded!
Seriously. We are 3 turns from the end. As I reckon, the entire thing hangs on a thread. I am afraid now that it is a draw. He holds 1 large flag and 2 small flags. The third small flag is in my possession, but those tanks can simply move there and take it, although he still has to face my "crack" tank, manned by Michael Wittmann!
At this point, I have to hold every flag I have, inflict more casualties and take little or none myself. If that happens, then I will win this game. I am assuming that he is low on infantry - still, and his tanks have little or no HE rounds. That may be wishful thinking, but he has not engaged my infantry with tank fire (perhaps because my Panzers are nearby) and I know my HMG's are still bothering him.
To accomplish my mission, I am using infantry that has not engaged and using their weapons to lay suppression fire on those little red stars. That should keep him from shooting at me. I am also moving a few of my units forward to secure the center flag and to keep him from moving on them. I have set my tank to watch that narrow avenue of approach. I have used my Regular tank to fire smoke in front of his AT gun - which I assume he is moving forward as he has no LOS right now. That should keep him from using it, and my Reg tank has only 2 smoke rounds left. That will keep him from shooting smoke for 60 seconds in case his armor moves forward.
Rigth now, I think he has only 4 tanks left. I am on either side of him with two tanks. Hopefully that will divide his firepower. All this hangs on a razor's edge...
ONE last thought. If he did not have those flame tanks, this would have been a very different story!

Cheers! "
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM,
For both players: No guts No glory so attack!!

Owl
05-06-2009, 05:31 AM,
Well, I thought Mr. X would pull a tactical but it looks like a draw or maybe a minor. I blame myself since M1A1 and I had a conversation about his foolish use of armor and he was less so this game.
05-08-2009, 04:50 PM,
Turns are slow at comming in. I will have to wait some till I have enough for the last 3 turns or so.
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM,
They are probably both disappointed with their performances.
Lord Bane
05-09-2009, 12:21 AM,
Yes make it a draw, both don't deserve a victory!
BTW i'm ready for the next fight!

Owl
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM,
OWL Wrote:Yes make it a draw, both don't deserve a victory!
BTW i'm ready for the next fight!

Owl

Ah but isn't that so often the way historically, a General may not have been at his best, at often is of a lesser quality than his opponent, but by luck, chance, (and also his opponents mistakes), manges to still achieve victory.

Can't 'make' it a draw, and if one of them has done enough to achieve a victory, (and I think Mr X may have done so), then well done to them.