• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Main Event IV: M1A1 vs. Schwerpunkt
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM,
RE: Main Event IV
I guess FOW is a major part in causing that cautiousness. But he definitely has a good opportunity to knock out all of his armor and render the Soviet infantry pretty much useless. Too bad he isn't planning to take that risk.
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2009, 01:37 PM,
I agree with you guys, you have to make a plan and then go out and do it. Each unit has a role to play. I think that Mr. X is playing too safe and has all along. He has enough infantry on the one side to have moved up, taken the flags and even KO'd a tank or two with them. But he has chosen to play it safe. So far it has worked out but, M1A1 knows where the German force is now and can still more then deal with them if he plans correctly. Mr. X is exposed, and open to a quick counterattack by the remaining Russian tanks. If M1A1 can strike quickly, he has a chance to regain the advantage. I hate wasting shots on ROUTED infantry, it usually takes quite a while to rally them back together, and you waste too much time shooting at them. You have to move through them and press on to the next objective.
04-17-2009, 06:58 PM,
I still think M1A1 has some power here. pushing straight forward and using that flamer he can route the further back defenders. However in having played him a bit I must say he tends to hold back in crossing the objective flag partition lines and rarely pushes far into the rear of his enemies. but if he did drive that way, there is not much that could stop him from an aft-flank maneuver to catch those PZ IVs off guard or at the least getting the 50mm.
04-19-2009, 10:40 AM,
It appears as though M1A1 might be holding up in this position with his remaining tanks to wait for the Russian infantry to catch up. He has put a covered arc on the KV and one T-34. This could bu the break that Mr. X needs in order to bolster his flank against the Russian hordes.

[Image: ME44.png]
04-27-2009, 04:54 AM,
Sorry for the delay in getting an update out, but I was taking my officer's exam over the last week. Now that is over with, we can carry on.
Near flag C, M1A1 has lost his last tank in this area to Mr. X's Pz IVs. M1 has nowhere near enough infantry to attack any further here without help from his other forces. The Russian 45mm gun does not seem to know that there is no chance to win these flags and carries on firing at German Pz's as they come into view. However, it seems that God is on the Russian gun's side this day as it scores a good hit on the Pz IV. It does not knock the tank out but does get a Damaged gun hit out of all that firing. M1A1 is unaware of the great shot by his little cannon, and Mr. X backs the damaged Pz out of harms way.

[Image: ME45.png]

The jubilation for the hit on the Pz is short lived as German infantry move into position to take the flag by force. The lucky dhot by the little Russain gun has made Mr. X a little nervous and his remaining tanks hunker down to wait to see what M1 is planning to do next. Even though the Germans have KO'd more then their share of Russian tanks, the loss of one Pz IV's gun gives M1 some life again.

[Image: ME46.png]

The Russians are still working on mopping up German units before moving forward. Morale might start to come into play for Mr. X as M1 is dealing out some big hurt. Mr. X has managed to get some of his forces here out of immediate harms way but with the Russian rifle squads moving through the trees, it will only be a matter of time before they few German squads are located.

[Image: ME47.png]

In the next few turns, M1 finds more hidden German units and flames and shoots his way through them as well. M1 is slowly moving forward with his armor force but seems to be taking his sweet time. This can only be good for the Germans as they still manage to cause a few casualties before they are eliminated or captured. It could be that M1 is feeling that the main push is finished, he has taken about 35% wounded/killed infantry. Ammunition is becomming a factor as well, and his tank force is not what it was.

[Image: ME48.png]

Meanwhile the Germans wait... . As the last few turns slip by, will we see a final tank dual, or with both sides bloodied, will M1A1 and Mr. X be content to sit back and put in time till the last turn.

[Image: ME49.png]
04-27-2009, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2009, 05:04 AM by Ratzki.)
Mr. X comments -
"...Well, we have been in somewhat of a standoff. My right is crushed and I will have to cede that side of the map. I will have to hold the three big flags on the left center and center right. My morale is low and ammunition is nearly at an end for my HMG's. Fortunately, I have two tanks (one with gun damage...that hurt) to his four. That is much better odds then I had when the game started (his 8 to my 4) - especially since now he has to come to me. Same ratio, but he cannot do much flanking or fancy maneuvers on me. I have plenty of infantry to move into and secure the center. I think I can do that, and it will be my main goal for the remaining 6 or so turns. With nearly an entire company of infantry that has remained unengaged, I will expand my control of the flags. I think he is low on infantry. I am assuming his infantry was chewed up by my support weapons and arty fire. My only concerns are thus: It looks like his tanks are aiming for my right rear. I am not sure he has enough time to get behind me and find a good place to lob rounds at my infantry and destroy my tanks - but it is something to consider. My other concern is that he will NOT move his tanks into my field of fire and uses them to stop my infantry from taking anymore flags. I am not sure he has a good field of fire for that and, according to my intell gathering, he loves his tanks and is prone to move them without support. Seig!"
04-27-2009, 05:54 AM,
[Image: Richtofen.jpg]

Send love and kisses to all my friends that the Blitz! Especially to those that called for my defeat!

Mr.X
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM,
What minute is this and how many minutes are left?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM,
There are six(6) turns left. I think Mr. X was just doing a little chest thumping early. It is a closer match then he thinks, however.
04-30-2009, 04:18 AM,
The pace has slowed somewhat, M1 starts to area fire at the German 50mm gun's location. For the most part this fire is ineffective as it is comming from the KV flame tank, and it only has a 45mm cannon. M1A1 is slipping another tank, a T-34 into postion to help out the KV, if this is his plan then it stands a much better chance with its 76mm gun compared to the little 45mm. The Russian infantry is finishing off the last few German troops that still remain, but I think that they are almost drained of strength. These two Russian platoons have taken about 30% killed or wounded and the tank pack is short two as well, one KO'd and one with a damaged gun.
Mr. X feels that he is in a better postion, so is prepared to wait on the arrival of the remaining Russian tanks.

[Image: ME50.png]

At flag C the Russians are putting up one he!! of a fight, M1A1 has found good positions with overlapping lines of fire and the Germans are taking looses with every step they take towards the flag. Mr. X backs his damaged Pz out of harms way, but is continuing to advance with numerous units across the front here. Ammo is starting to become an issue for the outnumbered Russians and this, as much as any, could be their undoing.

[Image: ME51.png]

With no German infantry left, the path is open for M1A1 to move towards the right flank of the German force. He will have to be quick as time is rapidly running out. M1's T-45s jockey for position, I can only guess that he wants to get a better shot at the 50mm gun that is waiting for a Russian mistake. At this range, a miscalculation will be deadly.

[Image: ME52.png]

Back at flag C the fighting is getting fierce. Most of the Russian infantry are looking in the dirt for extra ammo, scavenging from their fallen comrades. The Germans move in quickly, sensing the deperation of the Russians, hand to hand combat breaks out here and there. Mr. X is moving in fast and soon the Russians will be unable to resist.

[Image: ME53.png]

At the heavy building that holds flag C, a Pz IV fires at will. With no enemy capable of facing the German tanks here, the Russians will need some luck and a great plan to hold off the Germans.
The building comes down quickly and the Russian squad inside takes some more casualties, as well they go PANIC and will sonn try to get out of harms way here. The problem is that harm is all around...

[Image: ME54.png]

An overhead of the map shows the new front lines and some of the kills for both sides as well as where each side is pushing at the moment.

[Image: ME55.png]