• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does the * mean in front of a scenario
02-25-2009, 07:27 AM,
What does the * mean in front of a scenario
Chaps,

Can someone tell me what the asterix (**) means in front of the scenario name in the scenario database. :chin:

Thanks in advance...
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2009, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2009, 08:23 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: What does the * mean in front of a scenario
A single (*) was to denote scenarios designed for the old Project Blitzkrieg disks.
The double (**) is for those scenarios designed in version 1.04.

I think they were the accepted standard of the Matrix team. One of them can point out my mistake if I am wrong. :smoke:

cheers

Ed
02-25-2009, 08:44 AM,
Thank you.....:)
02-25-2009, 09:06 AM,
You are welcome, though I have just scrolled through the dBASE and found that the Project Blitzkrieg scenarios also have the double (**) in front of the scenario name.
Some of the version 1.03 (1.04) Matrix release have the single (*). I guess they can let us know? ;)

cheers

Ed
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM,
In theory (**) is the official indication that it is a scenario that requires Matrix JTCS to run properly.
However the old Blitzkrieg project 1 scns also carry the (**) and are not yet converted for use in Matrix.
I think (*) was originally meant for Project 2 or 3 (westfront and never completed). These scenarios where included in Matrix but we forgot to add an asterix.

All in all a bit confusing.

for new (matrix) scenarios I would like to encourage the designers to use the (**)
Jason please correct me if I'm wrong.
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM,
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Jason please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
02-26-2009, 01:23 AM,
What exactly are the old Project Blitzkrieg disks?

I'm thinking that after Talonsoft went under and when CS went unsupported, the Blitzkrieg members put together a number of their own scenarios (scenarios designed independently of Talonsoft) on one disk (memory card/CD -- disk would have been the proper terminology before DVDs and CDs) and shared them with one another. Is that right?
02-26-2009, 01:38 AM,
1925frank Wrote:What exactly are the old Project Blitzkrieg disks?

I'm thinking that after Talonsoft went under and when CS went unsupported, the Blitzkrieg members put together a number of their own scenarios (scenarios designed independently of Talonsoft) on one disk (memory card/CD -- disk would have been the proper terminology before DVDs and CDs) and shared them with one another. Is that right?

https://www.theblitz.club/member_sites/p...ndex_1.php

There you go.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
02-26-2009, 07:50 AM,
Wow was it really back in 2003... that just seems like it was yesterday. I still remember nearly knocking over the mailman when the PB#2 arrived. Quite the mile walked since those days... now... it's still getting better... IMHO
Good Hunting,
Reddog