• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with explicit supply in B44
02-23-2009, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM by bdtj1815.)
Help with explicit supply in B44
I am very close to releasing a revised, and hopefully improved, version of my Bulge44 campaign scenario but have a problem I cannot solve. Although I am using explicit supply in the optional rules artillery units are being replenished even if there is no available supply unit in range.

To test this I added a reinforcement of new artillery units marked as unavailable arriving nowhere near a supply unit and the turn after arrival they were replenished.

I was under the impression that to resupply under explicit supply an available supply unit is required within range. Have I missed something?

I am very keen to reduce the effect of the German artillery as under standard supply rules they are able to be far more active than they were able historically because of ammunition shortages and this gives the German player a distinct advantage in the early, and crucial, stages of the game.

Help appreciated.

PS A new Gazala and Minsk44 are close to release as well and would be interested in anyone who would like to test, not necessarily to play the whole scenario, or even just give them a look over. Particularly keen to find someone who has played Gazala, or any desert scenario, as this is my first foray into North Africa.
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM,
RE: Help with explicit supply in B44
bdtj1815 Wrote:..... I added a reinforcement of new artillery units marked as unavailable arriving nowhere near a supply unit .....

I was under the impression that to resupply under explicit supply an available supply unit is required within range. Have I missed something?

RESUPPLY - yes
But Arty units are marked with Unavailable not Low Ammo or anything. This was because the concept was that the Arty might not be available for a number of reasons. It could be a simple issue with Command Links from the front line units.

So the Arty Units are passing a command check resulting in them becoming available.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply