• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does it mean?
02-14-2009, 12:03 PM,
What does it mean?
When you open a pbem turn and it says 'your opponent has reloaded X times'?
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2009, 03:22 AM,
RE: What does it mean?
hi

it usually means that they have not had enough time to finish off the turn and have had to save and return later to finish the turn off

it is an anti cheat device as some 'members ' would if they did not like how their moves had developed would reload the turn and try again from the start, i have never suspected any of my oponents and to be honest i cant see the point, it is just a game, win or lose unlike real life no one dies

regards
keith
02-15-2009, 04:10 AM,
Although it was with a different game I once had to redo a whole turn, as my old PC froze almost at the last fence so to speak.
And surprise surprise as I went back thro my turn for the second time I only changed my decision on less than five moves.
Now I was playing the Germans in PZC Normandy with well over 1000 units !!!, which took 4 to 5 hours per turn.
My opponent was also informed and given the option to claim a victory but allowed the game to continue.
02-15-2009, 09:28 AM,
everton Wrote:hi

it usually means that they have not had enough time to finish off the turn and have had to save and return later to finish the turn off

it is an anti cheat device as some 'members ' would if they did not like how their moves had developed would reload the turn and try again from the start, i have never suspected any of my oponents and to be honest i cant see the point, it is just a game, win or lose unlike real life no one dies

regards
keith
Actually, if they simply save and restart the same save, that won't trigger the cheat warning. If they reload a different file, or reload the pbl file again, or reload any earilier save, then it will cause problems, since they could use their units to fully scout out where you are, or try for better combat results, etc.

Unfortunately, if you reload the saved end of turn file to plan ahead for the next turn, this will also trigger the warning right now. That will be fixed in the next patch.
--
Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
www.operationalwarfare.com
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM,
Thanks for the replies. The events of the last few turns now become clear. :chin:
02-23-2009, 09:38 AM,
Thanks Ralph! I routinely load the "end of turn" file, not so much to plan ahead for the next move, but to see final losses etc, as when the combat move is over, it kicks you out when you save. I suspect after the next patch, we'll see far fewer "your opponent has reloaded" messages. Generally, though, it is a tip-off that something is wrong if you get a "reloaded 6 (or whatever) times" message.

And as Lowlander says, sometimes you get a move freeze or computer crash before you save, and once recently I just had a power failure....so I think we all pretty much ignore the occasional, "1 or 2" reload messages.