• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HMS Belfast
02-01-2009, 12:23 AM,
RE: HMS Belfast
Toured the Tower of London solo in 1990, and took the missus back in 1992 on the same trip. Even managed to tickets for the night time tour of the Tower of London, which is truly a special treat. I encourage anyone who is thinking of going to the tower to look into getting tickets for the night tour as it is strictly limited to a handful per night. The tower is completely different when it is nearly empty, and bathed in moonlight.

Now taking the tube back to the west end when we were done made me a little uneasy, but we made it safe and sound, LOL

I loved all of England that I saw in the 1990s, even London and I'm not a fan of cities, but truthfully some of the things I read today about the goings on in the UK make me think she is not the same country she was then. Sadly if I am permitted to say so.
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2009, 01:46 AM,
I was born and raised in London but i have to say that it seems to have become a lot more dangerous.......but then so has the rest of the country thanks to the rise of knife crime and an over stretched police force, amongst other things. :rolleyes:
02-01-2009, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM by Lowlander.)
Too much concern over the attackers human rights instead of the victim and the after effects on their life.
With DNA now freely available it's time to bring back capital punishment as murders and assaults have increase since it was abolished.
A start should be made with the serial killers, who are costing the tax payers millions of pounds for their upkeep, and it would free up more space in prison. In Britain it's the politicians who are blocking what the vast majority of the people want.
Now this again is only my opinion but is based on my experience from many people whom I've met at work, social occasions, or during my travels.
Now I'm on my soapbox the world is next !!!.
02-01-2009, 04:56 AM,
It's all the different laws about minors and young adults mean you end up with gangs of youths causing all sorts of trouble safe in the knowledge that they can't be touched.....if you do stick up for yourself then you'll likely be charged with assault on a minor, even if your just defending yourself. Eek

Well i think that vented some steam. Phew :rolleyes: