• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

**A Really Stupid One! -- for West Front
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM,
**A Really Stupid One! -- for West Front
Just added to the dBASE.
A small one that could be interesting for online play. Tested for balance.

H2H [Hypothetical] The British and Germans developed the tactics of deep raids into enemy territory. These were designed to cause the utmost disruption of the rear areas by attacking airfields, ammo depots, headquarters, ports, and supply routes. This battle is one of those moments where the phrase, "no plan survives first contact", is well suited. Sometimes the 'targets' were alerted, by spys, to the coming raid. Often just getting to the target was bungled through equipment breakdowns or units getting lost on the way. The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray? A British commando team planned a deep raid to hit a newly completed German forward air base. The German engineers were waiting to move on to other projects. Instead they began the day fighting for their lives. For the Brit commando group, this could be one example of a really stupid plan? Or, could it be a great one? At dawn they struck.

cheers

RR
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM,
RE: **A Really Stupid One! -- for West Front
It was good fun playing that with you mate !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-31-2009, 06:40 AM,
This ready for the H2H playtest Ed Antoni thought it was fun.
01-31-2009, 08:28 AM,
Von Luck Wrote:This ready for the H2H playtest Ed Antoni thought it was fun.

If you don't mind, John, I'll bypass H2H. :smoke:
I did mark in the scenario dBASE that it was not H2H approved. :rolleyes:
It's been tested enough to be relatively balanced enough for H2H play. A lot of guys who played it had fun with it.
It's small and not for everyone's taste. ;):chin:

I've got more coming and I am redoing my early one's to update them to 1.04. And, to remove some "kinks" in the designs. Jason, along with Umbro, gave me some "one on one" help with a couple of scenario file problems. "Shout out" to both for their unselfish gift of their time. :thumbs_up:
New larger West Front and East Front scenario designs are in the pipeline. I'll post them as they get more polished and ready.
I'm concentrating on fun, PBEM balance, in unusual tactical situations, and with some nonstandard equipment. :scare:

cheers

Ed
02-01-2009, 04:28 AM,
One note, for any who played this previously. It is all been redone. If you have old files you will want to download the scenario from the dBASE and overwrite any files you have. :smoke:

No more changes to this one! Big Grin :chin:

Ed