• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ACOW Guides or tutorials...
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM,
ACOW Guides or tutorials...
I've been intimidated ACOW for 8 years, but I would like to finally start. The manual is not much help. I remember finding some guides online years ago, and I searched again, but there was a lot of junk to wade through. Anything you guys can point me too would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM,
RE: ACOW Guides or tutorials...
Welcome, Mad Dog! I'll reply in the morning.
01-28-2009, 10:55 PM,
TOAW III is the newest and greatest version, and it happens to come with some excellent tutorials, that the design team worked very hard on. There are four different tutorial scenarios, and each comes with a document that guides you through it; general information on using them is contained in a "whats new" file, that comes on the game disk, in the "manuals" folder. You can tab back & forth to the document from the game screen, or simply print the document, and refer to it while you play the game (easiest!).

The suggested order for the tutorials is "Tutorial" (the simplest); Anonymous Heriocs; Tannenberg 1914; and Kassarine 1943.

When you're through those, read the TOAW strategy articles here on the Blitz....see the G2 tab at the top of this page.

There's also an excellent help file that comes with the game; you can copy a shortcut to your desktop, so it's always handy. It has a good index, but is also searchable, so you can type an any word, it'll pop up all the relevant sections.

You'll be ready then, and can play a couple of games agaisnt the AI, which is pretty good on TOAW III; then take on a wiley human!

And last but not least, ask questions here on this forum, any time!
01-29-2009, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2009, 05:54 AM by Mad_Dog.)
Thanks for the reply! I'm glad there are better tutorials in the new version, though I'll probably wait for the next Christmas sale to get it. Maybe if I show them my reciept from 8 years ago, they'll give me a discount. ;^)

01-29-2009, 09:59 AM,
I understand completely; but will say that Matrix worked hard on this last upgrade, they really need to sell some games to justify it; I'd much rather see them continue to improve the old ones, than to crank out a bunch of new ones. Whenever I buy a new version (and I have them all!) I think of it as my small contribution to the greatest land strategy game ever. I hope you don't have to wait until Christmas!
03-20-2009, 12:15 PM,
Somewhere near the topic, Lot's of answers in similar direction to be found @ http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=372

We're always looking for more, eh?
"I never learned from a man who agreed with me."
Robert A. Heinlein
03-22-2009, 04:12 AM,
Thanks!