• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

For those who have played Minsk 44
01-26-2009, 05:37 AM,
RE: For those who have played Minsk 44
Krak could I be so bold and recommend Sgt Fury's Belorussia mod, you will not be disappointed, VonNev and myself are at turn 135 of 147 almost the last day.
See his AAR above, can highly recommend this campaign, many many twists and turns with good and bad moments.
As the Russians don't mention the word Panthers AAAAAARGH.
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2009, 08:15 AM,
Thanks for the suggestion but my opponent and I really prefer historical battles, not 'what if' type situations. ;)
01-26-2009, 09:21 AM,
Krak Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion but my opponent and I really prefer historical battles, not 'what if' type situations. ;)

Which one of you is the masochist? You really have to like getting you butt kicked to take the Germans in the Minks GC :)
At least give'em a rematch with the modded scenario so he can do a little butt kicking of his own!:cool:
01-27-2009, 06:06 AM,
Ihave played the Alt no fixed units as Axis to the bitter end

Even if you double the points the Russians need the best you will get is a Russian marginal . I am working on 2 mods for this one historical one slightly hypothetical also adding explici supply.

BUT I can tell you Brian Jennings is working on a monster rework of the hsitorical . However you have to accept far more units on the map to like his work . He has done a whole heap of research to make the game more realistic and add many axis reat are units he claims are missing and modify the fortified towns etc etc .

The standard version is not that historical - its rushed and not tested except against the AI I believe play stock and you will be very unhappy.

BUT its a great game one of the best for ace of action etc

michael
01-27-2009, 06:08 AM,
Krak Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion but my opponent and I really prefer historical battles, not 'what if' type situations. ;)

BUT the stock version is probably no more historical than may alt and what ifs . There seems to be no hard and fast rules on oob in this one .
01-27-2009, 07:55 AM,
Well as close to historical as available then. The appearance of SS Panzer Corp and extra German troops to make for happy German players is not for me. I would rather play the stock game with adjusted VP's thanks. Each to their own.
01-27-2009, 07:59 AM,
D-Day_Dodger Wrote:Coming to this message board is also a good way to find out this information except that the answers are only available as long as that thread is available. I think the ideal solution would be to have a short comments section added for each game reported where players could leave their impressions of the scenario. This would be of real value to future players who are looking for information about what game to play next.

This already exists when you post game results. The feature has been there for years. The problem is it was an ad hoc kind of thing added to the form for reporting game results. Currently I am researching why these "comments" do not show up in the scenario DB when looking at the sceanrios.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-27-2009, 08:27 AM,
And it did not take me much time to remember where this was...it is not obvious though.

[Image: reportagamenotes-1.jpg]

To refresh one's memory the picture above is from the report a game form. Note the last section where the scenario rating is made there is a comments section.

[Image: ScenarioDB2.jpg]

In the picture above, to see the comments posted for a scenario, just click on the stars rating in the upper left hand corner.

[Image: ScenarioDB2comments.jpg]

The result is the rating and comments appear in a new window pop up. If your browser has popups disabled you will not see this.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-27-2009, 09:42 AM,
Well i never! :chin:

I never fill in the comments box as thought the text was lost as it did not seem to appear on the scenario entry page, i never thought to click on the stars, real pity that as we have no doubt lost valuable feedback due to this not being known about! :(
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM,
Cool feature. I gave up writing comments because I could not figure how to display them later. I will write comments again now, and start reading a few as well. Thanks for that Brian :happy: