• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

KKR's intel...Bump
01-15-2009, 07:44 AM,
KKR's intel...Bump
...re simulation and intelligence:

Being of sound, but sotted mind, I propose, for both players:

1. Look at scenario for the first turn, as usual.
2. After your first turn is complete...turn OFF the victory hex display for the remainder of the scen.

and

3. Never look at the victory status until the scen is completed.

That will take away alot of the gaminess...in itself.

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM,
RE: KKR's intel...Bump
I've often wondered what a scenario would play like if it had no victory hexes. I'm not sure if I'd find wondering about the map until you bump into something as fun.

I always feel that victory hexes add a minimum amount of purpose to play the scenario.
Even extreme fighting and war have rules and limited purpose?

Ed
01-15-2009, 08:10 AM,
that's why you get to study it for your entire first turn
Town Drunk
01-15-2009, 08:13 AM,
Sure, but assuming you mean Objective hexes, that was not the subject of my post. I am talking about the precise list of opponent losses under the Status button at the top.
01-15-2009, 08:17 AM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Sure, but assuming you mean Objective hexes, that was not the subject of my post. I am talking about the precise list of opponent losses under the Status button at the top.

Ah, now I understand. Eek:chin:
Yes, I am sure that a code could be written, that when extreme fog of war is clicked on, you would only be able to see your own losses in the status/strength box. :smoke:

Good idea! cheers

Ed
01-15-2009, 08:27 AM,
well, that's the reason I propose that you cannot look at your VP status until the scen is complete. ...and, that it would be, ah, interesting to see scens played where there is a real fog of war...placed on the, dare I say...game...

c'est la guerre...
Town Drunk
01-17-2009, 07:11 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Sure, but assuming you mean Objective hexes, that was not the subject of my post. I am talking about the precise list of opponent losses under the Status button at the top.

Ah, now I understand. Eek:chin:
Yes, I am sure that a code could be written, that when extreme fog of war is clicked on, you would only be able to see your own losses in the status/strength box. :smoke:

Good idea! cheers

Ed

Not really.
The results dialog would also have to display "unknown results" otherwise I (and more players I presume) would write down myself what my opponent had lost each turn. I'm glad this is automated.
01-17-2009, 01:14 PM,
Alfons,

...further, I propose...that if you are killed in clear terrain...feel free to write it down...otherwise...well you know...

Jason?

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
01-17-2009, 01:42 PM,
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Not really.
The results dialog would also have to display "unknown results" otherwise I (and more players I presume) would write down myself what my opponent had lost each turn. I'm glad this is automated.

Not if the combat event results were scrambled as happens with CS night combat.
01-17-2009, 07:47 PM,
I've played a couple of DGVN scenarios with added fog of war through ROE. It made the Cong a little more elusive.

*Never look at the Strength Dialog.

*Set Details to Low Details (Removes the combat report).

*Only look at the Victory Dialog as the first thing in a turn.

Your idea is easy to test if it's something similar.
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]