• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shoot & Scoot
01-21-2009, 04:42 AM,
RE: Shoot & Scoot
Gents:

I utilize "shoot and scoot" in my PBeM games. I believe it is a valid and realistic tactic in a WWII battlefield. In many instances, shoot and scoot is the ONLY tactic that allows one to utilize soft-skinned infantry support vehicles without getting them killed.

Therefore, I do have concerns when players suggest that the overuse of shoot and scoot tactics should be "corrected" by changing the JTCS game engine. Why penalize players for mastering a valid tactic and using it to their advantage against opponents?

Let's be careful we don't "change" JTCS to the point that it becomes bloated with option buttons and all the fun gets sucked out of this game we love.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2009, 08:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 07:25 PM by Valor.)
Gordons HQ Wrote:Quote: As Hawk said, CS is a game, game not historical recreation.

Now we know it's a GAME not an HISTORICAL RECREATION
--------------------------------------------------------

and so It's a game tactic in other words GAMEY

I really hoped there could be some sensible discussion here, that's indeed why I stared this thread, I seriously thought there were some serious wargamers here who wanted historic wargames, how mistaken one can be.

No further discussion is needed from me, there are more historical games out there.

Cheerscheers

Gordon

Great to see that from the whole post about tactics you find only one phrase and derive from it just one conclusion.

Sorry to be insensible and not serious wargamer that didn't want to have historical discussion.

If you say that because Russians used the human-wave assault tactics suffering tremendous losses I must use the same being forced to defeat just because Russians lost the historical battle, I will say no thank you. If any other tactics is GAMY for you, what can I say... try playing people who share your views.

That would be no longer the game I loved to play for so many years.

:P
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
01-21-2009, 10:27 AM,
mwest Wrote:Gents:

Let's be careful we don't "change" JTCS to the point that it becomes bloated with option buttons and all the fun gets sucked out of this game we love.

I will second that!

Gavin
Send this user an email
01-23-2009, 10:02 PM,
Adolf Vahringer Wrote:
mwest Wrote:Gents:

I will second that!

Gavin

I agree too much is too much, but I feel that the game could benefit from a "toggle fatigued" feature, as well as a "toggle loaded" feature (would highlight units carrying passengers). These two are a must in huge scenarios imo.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu