• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski
01-14-2009, 07:57 AM,
Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski
Antoni,
following some of the comments on the threads you have closed, (quite understandably) and e-mails I have received from players past and present which have been touching to say the least, I have decided to remain playing games and contributing to the message board in a constructive manner.
I feel that we have a new, updated game handed to us and it is going to draw all sorts of pro's and con's and comments. I think you as moderator need to ensure that the messages, putting forward thoughts and feelings about the changes are not taken over by indviduals who end up hijacking any chance of a sensible debate and resort to ridiculing anyone who has a different viewpoint from them.
My main reason for entering into this in the first place was, to point out that many members would get put off entering a debate as they probably feel, if their opinion didn't sit well with some 'Gods' it would be a waste of time even bothering.
I think a couple of replies in my last thread show that to be the case and I think, if the number of people who 'look' at the threads are weighed against those who take part, it would also highlight my point?
regards
Peter
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2009, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski
Peter my honest advice to you would be that this would have been better as a PM to the ladder commander. A post like this is IMHO just bound to start trouble.

Glad you have decided to stick around.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-14-2009, 08:50 AM,
Well, I for one support Peter and his views and opinions. I think his experiences in life and playing this game command a certain level of respect. I am proud to be considered one of his regular players and I am more than pleased he has decided to keep playing.

Daniel B. Keifer.
Send this user an email
01-14-2009, 09:22 AM,
Hear, hear! And it's nice to see that you decided to stick around.
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
01-14-2009, 09:27 AM,
Thanks for your support Dan, much appreciated.
Some seem to see my posts, few as they are, as trying to mediate.
Hawk, maybe so but, I think this matter has to be brought into the open.
I was prepared to step out, as my previous post intimated, but the retaliation to that made me resolve to thrash this out in the open. I don't go behind people's backs. I've had numerous e-mails overnight in support and feel the moderator needs to address the problem. Maybe then we can get back to sensible, reasonable debate from all quarters and from more members about the 'GAME' not about individuals.
Someone once told me, ' human nature makes us think we are right, if we look at maybe the other person is right, then we maybe able to discuss constructively?' I stand up and accept that may apply to me, but I'm afraid this has been made to personal now and, heaven help him, Antoni needs to come in now?
I appreciate your thoughts Hawk, truly. I'm not a man into 'proper protocol' I do that best I can and thought this was the way to go.
regards
Peter
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM,
Peter,

Thank you for deciding to stick around and carry on playing, that is welcome news.

In my position as Moderator, I only step in when I believe it is necessary and to preserve good order.

I am NOT and never will be the Thought Police as portrayed in George Orwells book 1984.

So please feel free to carry on posting and if you feel there is a problem PM me or report the post.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM,
Peter, Well done to your ability to shrug off the demeaning and infantile attacks upon your willingness to try and speak your mind without fear of retribution.

It is an honor, keep your head up high and your tanks hull down
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM,
Thank you guys, much appreciated
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:the demeaning and infantile attacks upon your willingness to try and speak your mind without fear of retribution.

LMGDAO!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanx!

Hawk
01-15-2009, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2009, 03:26 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Howdy,

As I mentioned in other posts, I find the argueing to be entertaining but it is not like I would lose any sleep over not having that entertainment anymore. I think you are doing the right thing about continueing to play. If I had worried about what others have said to me in the beginning, I'd be in a different hobby and don't think I would be as happy as I am with wargaming. My whole life has been about war, be it wargaming, army men, model tanks, movies, two time volunteer in the infantry, etc etc. I don't know about anybody else, but if all those things were taken away, I'm sure I would die a lot sooner than I should. With real opps, I see active gaming as an active mind if nothing else. Win or lose, that's a good thing whether in the games or on the boards.

Right now I play alot of PzC, MC, ACW and SP. And at some point in the future I will be in EAW, Ancients, Naps and back in Campaign Series or something new that I find to be really good.

The thing I think everybody needs to remember is this is an important part of who we all are, not as important as family and friends, but still important. Stop and think how many times have we all incorporated our thought process or organization from gaming into other things we do? It's even more important to "stay the course" when amongst those many who just don't get or understand why we do what we all love to do here. Plain and simple, it is OUR life guys! So continue exploring as much fun as you can. Life is just too short.