• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battle Fatiuge
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM,
Battle Fatiuge
How long does it take for units to recover from Battle Fatuige?

I'm doing a Moscow '41 game after a long assault some units were at Max!

But 27 turns to go and I've let my units rest for 3-4 turns now and they won't recover! Eek :hissy:
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM,
RE: Battle Fatiuge
I think the rate of recovery is based on how bad of shape the units are in - that and there is a randomizing factor in there as well.

What I am saying if you took enough units for a statistical analysis *I think* you would find that units with 200 take more than two times longer to recover than units with 100. This is not something documented because it is beyond the players control but I recall being told this a long time ago.

So if your units are Maxed out, then they will start to recover slowly at first and gain momentum over time. That doesn't tell you how long iun number of turns but I hope it gives you some idea of what to expect.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM by Dog Soldier.)
To add to what Glenn is saying, morlae is everything. If you have units at 3max (300) fatigue, and they are now at C morale, they will recover quicker than if max fatigue is at F or "No Morale". Even so, 3-4 turns is totally unrealistic for any units to recover 300 points of fatigue. More likely they will take 1 -2 days to recover below 50 fatigue points, more if their base morale is less than C.

You just can not push units that hard in real combat as if they were machines.

"...Make the other SOB die for his country." George C Scott as Patton in the bio-picture Patton.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-13-2009, 01:08 PM,
Well, I'm fighting against the russians here, and if I would have given up momentum I would have lost the first assault.Well lesson learned, Dog Soldier reminded me that soldiers cannot fight forever, and that they are human beings just like the commanders.

If I would have realized this maybe I would have come up with a better strategy.
01-13-2009, 02:01 PM,
I try and rest my troops during the night,and only carry out the odd limited fire fight.Found to my cost what a mess I made fighting and moving around at night!! lol
It might be my imagination but I think toops regain fatigue points quicker during the night?
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM,
When on the attack, echelon the forces you have so you can rotate troops in the front lines. You can then use your rear most units passing over the ones that fought the last few turns.

Combat in WW2 was described to me once a long hours of tedious boredom punctuated by a instants of sheer terror. Each nationality has it's breaking point. It can take some time to learn how to be patient and not burn your digital troops.

Cardinal rules of PzC....
  1. Do not get surrounded.
  2. Always have a reserve.
Because no plan lasts long after contact is made....

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-14-2009, 05:22 AM,
"In order for a unit to be eligible for Fatigue recovery, the unit must not move, fire, assault, BE FIRED UPON, or be assaulted for a complete game turn. It must not be Digging-In building a bridge or be in a minefield." (emphasis mine)

I always try to shoot artillery and stuff at units I think are recovering fatigue near the front lines.

The amount you recieve back from resting is from 0 to VALUE (in paramater data.)

At night it is 0 to DOUBLE VALUE.
01-14-2009, 06:11 AM,
Great info, what about changing to or from T-mode? Does that count as "moving"?
01-17-2009, 01:59 PM,
tbridges Wrote:Great info, what about changing to or from T-mode? Does that count as "moving"?

Yes, that does if it consumes MP to do so.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp