• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H and S Ranges and Thermometers
01-10-2009, 05:10 PM,
H and S Ranges and Thermometers
After playing this wonderful game for 11 years I should know all the options but I find I have forgotten 2 of them.

I have only recently rediscovered the great options under DISPLAY
whereby RANGE brings up on the map the actual Hard and Soft ranges of each unit and THERMOMETER marks every unit which still has action points.
Both of these clever options help a lot when planning but I had forgotten about them in the excitement of receiving my mates' PBEM moves.

Perhaps some others have forgotten these too so I thought I'ld mention them
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2009, 11:37 PM,
RE: H and S Ranges and Thermometers
By the by Pip.
Have you started a game and pushed the lovely "M" button?
It opens a world of delights for playing the game. You may also find a button that highlights which units belong to what formation and there is a visibility button that can show you what your units see.
They are especially useful if you view the map in 2-D mode before firing or moving your units.
I even know of a feature that allows you to save Action Points (AP's) for firing and unloading loaded transport vehicles.

All these aids are simply marvelous and increase the pleasure of playing this wonderful twelve year old game.

Good gaming! :)

RR
01-12-2009, 05:44 AM,
Thanks for your comments Ed
Yes I do use M and the other wonderful options mentioned.
I like the 2D mode for planning but prefer to play with 3D mode as the graphics are so realstic. Sometimes when my wife is out I even play with the sound on as one can tewll what types of units are coming.
It's a pity that so few people are interested in this post which is raelly about the wonders of John Tiller's original creation which has been kept alive by the developers and Matrix for much longer than the many challengers
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM,
My defaults are:
3D Normal (i.e. max zoom in)
M(enu)
U(nit List)
T(hermometers) set to APs

All the better to see your artillery track with....

umbro