• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Thread LOS
01-10-2009, 06:06 AM,
New Thread LOS
I refuse to be out shouted and I have started this new thread to put up for discussion the issues I have raised re the LOS. I regret having to do this but the last thread was hijacked and I have done it to save you having to read irrelevant issues contained in it.

My point is that fundamentally there is perhaps something wrong with our game when you can check out a LOS anywhere on the map without having a unit there.
This gives the player a God like quality no commander ever had and I believe it can lead to very unrealistic play.
My point is, would it be better to only be able to check a LOS where you have a unit in a hex.

Apologies once again,
Gordon
01-10-2009, 06:22 AM,
RE: New Thread LOS
Fair enough.

I will bring my insights to this thread too.

IMHO it is fine the way it is. As Jonathan stated it the price you pay for IGOUGO.

It is not unrealistic at all to click on a hex to see what you can see from that hex.

All manner of items that are not reflected in the game such as: (recon photos, topo maps, familiarity with the area in question, previous recon in the area, previous action in the area, local soldiers fighting in an area the grew up near, etc....) that would allow one to have a good idea of what can be seen from where.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-10-2009, 06:25 AM,
Oh and this bit too for you.

There are scores of things that take place in the CS game that didn't take place in comat also.

Such as: you can move an undisrupted unit one hex in any direction it goes there 100% of the time no questions asked

You can move a BT-7 tank full speed across country and never have to worry about it throwing a track

You can move any vehicle no matter how heavy down a dirt road in wet conditions and never get bogged down

Do you need more?

The game is an abstract simulation of tactical WW2 combat; nothing more; it is a game.

Based on what I see of your posts and attitude toward the rules it may be in you best interest to find a different game to play.

Let the discussions commence!

Thanx!

Hawk
01-10-2009, 06:26 AM,
This thread is now closed.

Just because you dont get the replies that agree with you doesnt mean that you can start this thread.

If you disagree with my decision then you can always appeal.

Thank you and happy gaming.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-10-2009, 06:27 AM,
This is now closed
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West