• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rebalanced M44 campaign to com soon - need input
01-04-2009, 03:05 AM,
Rebalanced M44 campaign to com soon - need input
Hi All

This post concerns the Alt Version of the no fixed units campaign of Minsk 44

I am just about to finish this campaign to the very last turn as axis then re balance it - there is not a cat in hells chance of even a draw. BUT its an excellent game

There are a few things that need tackling in general terms

The fortified towns that fell toward the end of June need fortifying

VP locations near the front will be removed

BUT here is your chance to help . I ma open to any ideas on the OOB etc without radical changes . For instance the 5th Pz apparently some sources suggest had over 70 Panthers and 29 Tigers . Or is that an army Tiger Battalion that fought with it ??

Other ideas are welcome but please have some historical justification or reference

The partisans need a bit of pumping up they were prolific in this battle and although annoying they still do not do much . to compensate the Germans will get a few more garrison units

So ideas please here or to my mail gingerdragon@btconnect .com

regards

Michael
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2009, 03:33 AM,
RE: Rebalanced M44 campaign to com soon - need input
OK
for my rebalanced "what if" version please someone advise to me some units that could have come from the north or south as possible what if reserves

Michael
01-05-2009, 04:48 AM,
According to "Fire Brigades" by Kamen Nevenkin the 5th PZ Div on the eve of Operation "Bagration" had up to 78 PzIV and 79 PzV.
This was only one of two full strength Div's on the Eastern Front.

From the 28June it was reinforced with the sPz.Abt 505 which on the 30 June had 45 Pz VI Tiger.

Hope this helps, but are you aware of Sgt Fury's Belorussia mod.
01-05-2009, 05:03 AM,
Yes I know about the mod thanks - thats what inspired me
I will lok at the oob for 5th Panzer but I thnk this is pretty much what it had
strangley in my campaign I have been playing I put th 505 with the 5th and it fought all the battle with it finally eliminated in the last ten turns wityh the remainingtanks of 5th - Great unit and spooky that was historical

Do you have any other info ?

Michael
01-05-2009, 05:20 AM,
Well I have the book which I mentioned above, tell me what units your interested in and l'll post or send info.
I'm afraid I'm no history student or researcher, but I agree with your comments on the other thread.
01-05-2009, 05:20 AM,
Guys,

FWIW, attached is a newly updated version of my mod being used in a team game that launched Jan 1. As always, comments welcome.

Fury

Attached Files
.zip   Byelorussia_V121.zip (Size: 644.73 KB / Downloads: 25)
01-05-2009, 08:16 AM,
Sgt Fury Wrote:Guys,

FWIW, attached is a newly updated version of my mod being used in a team game that launched Jan 1. As always, comments welcome.

Fury

Dave,
Should i replace the files on the Mod forum with this new version??
01-05-2009, 08:54 AM,
Yes, please replace in mod forum -- many thanks. Also, on the scenarios page, the link to the scenario seems to be broken, but in any event, this should replace whatever is there now.

It will not hurt ongoing games of the scenario (oob renamed). Any new games will be version 1.21 (new).

Dave
01-05-2009, 09:55 AM,
Sgt Fury Wrote:Yes, please replace in mod forum -- many thanks. Also, on the scenarios page, the link to the scenario seems to be broken, but in any event, this should replace whatever is there now.

It will not hurt ongoing games of the scenario (oob renamed). Any new games will be version 1.21 (new).

Dave
OK no problem, yes we are aware of the problem uploading files to the scenario DB, which is why i have attached the correct files at the OpC Mod sub-forum. :)
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM,
Sgt Fury Wrote:Yes, please replace in mod forum -- many thanks. Also, on the scenarios page, the link to the scenario seems to be broken, but in any event, this should replace whatever is there now.

Dave

Dear Sgt
May I be so bold as to ask f I may use your oob for my version?
Esentially mine will be historical but I want to add some low % chance of some extra Axis units . This is mainly to keep the Russians on their toes I will add you to the credits of coarse!

Regards
Michael