Scud Wrote:uh oh.

Duck and cover!

I'm with you Scud. :rolleyes:

RR
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM,
RE: What does it mean?
Rudolph Hucker Wrote:OK KKR
I do have some years of experience, and believe I have just about seen everything. I accept that on some occasions there are valid reasons for saving - as I stated above.

I do believe, that people who regularly save the game a lot, especially on the smaller scenarios, are cheating - in one way or another - yes

That ballsy enough for you?

I suggest that Rule #14, quoted in an earlier post, covers your concerns, and also public accusations of the sort in your earlier post.
12-31-2008, 11:52 PM,
:stir:

Hi Everyone,

I'm playing Rado at the moment and receiving the same message from his move "file save exceeds two"

I'm not saving the game mid play, I don't normally save on a small scenario's anyhows just the large ones.

Could this be a technical issue I wonder?

I did post an earlier message on the forum about needing help with a file naming issue we had.

Considering the cheating issue not sure somebody would benefit much from the scenario we are playing because the majority of my units are fixed, so I need to get shot at a lot of times to get any movement going.

Oops I let the cat out of the bag I think I may be getting another thrashing lol
01-01-2009, 12:37 AM,
Rudolph Hucker Wrote:
K K Rossokolski Wrote:I think the implications you make in the above are both snide and offensive. If you think compulsive savers , and people who save for reasons outside your experience, are cheats....please have the balls to say so.

Have a nice day!

OK KKR
I do have some years of experience, and believe I have just about seen everything. I accept that on some occasions there are valid reasons for saving - as I stated above.

I do believe, that people who regularly save the game a lot, especially on the smaller scenarios, are cheating - in one way or another - yes

That ballsy enough for you?

First of RH I tend to save a lot in the bigger scenarios.

Watch replay = save
Watch my artillery = save

Do you have a wife, children or pets??

wife "honey can you.........now?? = save

child "dad should the {insert applience here} make that noise when I hit this button?? = save

dog "bark, bark = take me out now or I will crap on the carpet" = save

also I have cats; ever see what a cat walking across a keyboard can do to your well planned offensive?

So matey a 5 second save and close prevents all this trouble?

So you wanna call me a cheat?

Also if you knew anything about how the game engine works then you would know saving on a small scenario is not a good way to cheat at it.

Take your accusations elsewhere.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-01-2009, 01:06 AM,
Before the matrix JTCS, I used to frequently get the "repeating WAV file" bug. Rather than listen to trucks moving for the whole turn, I would save and restart.

On a previous laptop with larger scenarios, I had some frequent crashes which prompted me to save a lot as well.

Now with a newer laptop and the matrix version, I don't save very often, but I can see where it could happen. So I wouldn't get too worried about cheating based solely on the save game count.
01-01-2009, 02:54 AM,
Oops,

Rado wasn't refering to our game, my mistake.

:eek1:
01-01-2009, 05:03 AM,
Hawk, KKR...

1. I wasn't calling anyone a cheat.
2. I was stating my opinion on regular over-saving
3. I have a wife and 4 kids, I play when I have time, usually in the evening when it's quiet - I accept others are different.
4. Nobody I have played against has ever exceeded this save quota, I've never seen it displayed.
5. There is no need to take what I said personally, I have never played either of you.
6. If someone told me they saved a lot before I played them, I would accept it, you can normally tell if someone is cheating over a number of games.
7. I have played people who were obviously cheating in the past, thankfully, that doesn't appear to happen to me any more and hasn't for some years actually.
8. You don't need to quote rules at me, I am well aware of them.

Finally: I was simply responding to someone's question with the way I see it, I can't help that, there are other opinions, which you have shared. I can't help it if you don't like what I typed and I reserve the right to come across as an arse from time to time ;)
01-01-2009, 05:27 AM,
Enough said, I think Rudolph ! I took my laptop to work today to try and play a small game turn, (I'm a taxi driver), I saved the game about 4/5 times cos pesky customers wanted rides and I had to turn it off each time. I've been playing the guy for a few years. I think you were a bit rash with your initial comments and that's what set a few off in response, you don't need to be too judgemental on this site, pretty decent guys I find.
Anyway, happy new year to you all !
regards
Peter