• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MAIN EVENT III! Arrow vs. Moondog
02-22-2009, 04:56 AM,
RE: THE MAIN EVENT III!
Great scrap guys. Nice read DerK.:bow:

Would it be too early to ask what the plan is for the main event IV?
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM,
Well, they are kind of demanding to do - they can take about 1+ hours a day to report on, and I've done three in a row, so it will probably be a little while so I can have a break. But thanks for asking!

Moondog also indicated he was going to read and post here too with final comments but he has had a tough work schedule.

Meanwhile, feel free to suggest any future combatants you'd like to see.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
02-25-2009, 11:42 AM,
Finally I've read the thread,,,,,How did I lose that game then. ?

I Got the choice and took the Germans. Always a smart move. I got a tank upgraded to Elite, which caused a lot of concern it appears. I Killed Arrow's Elite tank very early, ( how I wish I'd known that) I got the southern flag for free as I planned, I had Elite Infantry against Regular . ..I was even knocking out guns with speculative mortar fire based on last known position 8 turns previous ( and all but got accused of cheating into the bargain) .....Yet still I lost.
Alright, everyone can see I got some rotten luck with the roll of the dice when it came to tank duels, and yes I did, probably the worst I've ever experienced for one shot kills on German hardware. But in all honesty Lee (Sir Arrow) also played a great game measured game and made some of his own luck. What is not covered in the write up is how much arty I pounded him with and yet he took the key centre flag and held it against all the odds with lower graded infantry. I've got to take my hat off and say it was a good victory for Arrow and a lot less to do with luck than I thought.

Great game, thanks to Arrow, a worthy opponent, thanks to Der K for the fantastic write up, sorry about the boring bits but I was dead what could I do, and I'm glad you all enjoyed watching my miserable defeat. I sort of did too when I read the thread as an Irish man I like it when the underdog wins :-) ....
02-25-2009, 01:41 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: THE MAIN EVENT III!
It was definitely the best Main Event of the three in terms of swinging momentum and views. Thanks for the final writeup, Moondog. And we know you didn't cheat with the mortar fire - I was just throwing in a little drama there - I hope no one took that seriously. The slow parts were a part of any typical battle and just a chance to put in some humor.

Thanks again to both commanders for playing!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM,
Good game MoonDog. I thought that you had Arrow on the ropes for a bit, but he managed to squirm out and lay the boots to you. Sometimes you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good. Very entertaining, we will have to hit you two up for a rematch one day.
03-19-2009, 07:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2009, 07:05 AM by Aegis.)
Scratch what I posted.