• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any Scenario Designers/Unit Creators Please Read
12-29-2008, 06:49 AM,
RE: Any Scenario Designers/Unit Creators Please Read
Fair enough.

This document should show you how to do what you are requiring.

http://redarrowproductions.com/Files/HowTo%20Packet.zip

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2008, 01:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM by PanzerIV.)
thanks, but Is till dont quite get this thing, I was really hoping someone could make it for me.
12-29-2008, 05:21 PM,
PanzerIV Wrote:thanks, but Is till dont quite get this thing, I was really hoping someone could make it for me.

It is extremely time consuming, I don't think you'll have any bites on having it done for you.

The instructions are pretty clear on how to proceed, give it a whirl!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-29-2008, 06:29 PM,
This is a most interesting discussion, noting that it gives me a possible way of sinking the ridiculous bathtub navy on exposure to light. Silly of me...the non-submersible submarine is always exposed to light, except when the computer is OFF!!!
Seriously, how is the overallintegrity of the ORBATS maintained? For example, could one reduce the value of trucks from the too high 3 to a reasonable 2? Or is it meant only to apply to given units for specific scenarios? I'm confused here.
12-30-2008, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2008, 02:40 AM by PanzerIV.)
Jason Petho Wrote:
PanzerIV Wrote:thanks, but Is till dont quite get this thing, I was really hoping someone could make it for me.

It is extremely time consuming, I don't think you'll have any bites on having it done for you.

The instructions are pretty clear on how to proceed, give it a whirl!

Jason Petho

well I get an error message that says...

"The Application has failed to start because VB40032.DLL was not found."

could this be part of the prob.? when I try to install the VBR432 I get this...

[Image: ERROR-1.png]

When I go into that directory I dont see a anything called CTL3D32.DLL, and I have no Idea what application it could possibly go to, so I dotn knwo how to shut it off.

but another question, What about Panzerfaust anyone have them?\

also, the link you gave me just leads to the New Units Creator Utility download. am I supposed to be clicking ona file in there to find out how to work it?
12-30-2008, 02:12 AM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Seriously, how is the overallintegrity of the ORBATS maintained? For example, could one reduce the value of trucks from the too high 3 to a reasonable 2? Or is it meant only to apply to given units for specific scenarios? I'm confused here.

You can edit the files to your hearts content with the Talonsoft version and the Matrix version up to 1.02.

After 1.03 there is a new encryption routine that is not publically available to help maintain integrity of the platoon and weapon files between various players.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-30-2008, 04:54 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Seriously, how is the overallintegrity of the ORBATS maintained? For example, could one reduce the value of trucks from the too high 3 to a reasonable 2? Or is it meant only to apply to given units for specific scenarios? I'm confused here.

You can edit the files to your hearts content with the Talonsoft version and the Matrix version up to 1.02.

After 1.03 there is a new encryption routine that is not publically available to help maintain integrity of the platoon and weapon files between various players.

Jason Petho

Jason,

Thanks for maintaining the integrity of the game's platoon and weapon files.

And, we would still be able to reduce the size of truck platoons if we edit the scenario files?

Ed
12-30-2008, 06:08 AM,
I'm not sniping at the size of a truck platoon, Ed, but at the tripling of VPs from 1 to 3
12-30-2008, 06:09 AM,
Jason VMT for clearing up the coding thing
12-30-2008, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
K K Rossokolski Wrote:I'm not sniping at the size of a truck platoon, Ed, but at the tripling of VPs from 1 to 3

Sorry Rod. I did not see you as "sniping".
I guess I missed the point. I thought you meant that the trucks could carry more with less inividual trucks in the platoon. Therefore reducing the amount of trucks in a platoon would offset the extra points for their loss?

Another side effect of version 1.04?

Ed