• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World ar War x The Blitz
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM,
RE: World ar War x The Blitz
Yeah I am won't be registering at WAW, so that counts me out. Sorry. But good idea.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2008, 12:42 PM,
Hi
I have to agree with Wigam...I will not be registering at another club.

However, the powers that be have handed down some info and it is possible for there to be a sanctioned tourney.

It will only happen under strict guidelines, as far as having the Blitz name attached.

Firstly someone would have to step forward as Captain of a Blitz squad.
They would have to be vetted by The SP Ladder Commanders and agreed to by the players.

The potential for mis-communication and drama is massive with this sort of thing and there will be zero chance of an official Blitz team unless everything is sorted down to the last detail.

Step one...is there a willing, competent candidate for Captain?

If you do not wish to go through an 'official' process...then please feel free to continue with your negotiations....but please do not do that on this forum.
As yu all know...this forum is for Blitz business only.

Carry On...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
12-24-2008, 05:06 PM,
Too much drama for me, I want "them" quick and easy :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
12-24-2008, 09:59 PM,
Gentlemen,
I do not want to invade your discussion, and I hope it is my first and last post here (as far as I respect Walrus' wish). I just want, as one of the people standing behind WaW and Steel Panthers player, to support Chaindler's initiative of making some nice interesting inter-club tourney.

I really do not understand that "tension" and "weird politics" Blitz is having now and again, especially against WaW. We talked about our relations with Paul (Steel God) some time ago and we agreed there is no problem with it. Now it looks there is some problem, in opposite what was said. I do not understand why it is so serious problem to do a good inter-club tourney and why it is a problem to discuss it here publicly - but we can discuss it at WaW with no fear then. If I may, I warmly invite you here. I also think that the specification about registering players on both our sites is no difficulty, it is just a formal act.

We never had any problem with negotiating any other inter-club tournament and I hope this negotiation will not be ruined by some narrow minded reasons and "political" acts from the Blitz side. It is just a game we play, it is just a tournament, not a war.

Just my two cents. In any case - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at the Blitz! :)
[Image: 61.gif]
Send this user an email
12-25-2008, 01:49 AM,
Hello Artie, and Merry Christmas to you.

The Blitz doesn't have a problem with an SP Tournament between our Club and yours, the only thing that I think would be an issue is the statement that says players must register at both Clubs. The Blitz has run cross club Tourneys previously and since the Blitz team is playing for pride and bragging rights as a team, they simply do not report the games at the Blitz unless both players happen to be members. If the player from the other club isn't a member here, the Blitz member doesn't get to report the game (we compensate the player in another manner in such a case).

So, there's no issues and certainly no politics, if the guys on the Blitz SP Ladder want to get a team together to play a team from another Club (WAW or any other) we're more than willing to support it. We just draw the line at telling any of our members they have to register some where else. If that makes the challenge a non-starter, I am sorry. Needless to say, this is not to imply that a player can not register somewhere else if he wants to, players are free to do as they please in that regard. The Blitz will simply not dictate to another player that they must register some where else.

Warm regards;

Paul
12-25-2008, 01:51 AM,
Hello Artie

I have no idea what you are talking about re 'tension' or 'weird politics"

I just wanted to make it clear that for there to be a 'Blitz" team, as such, in an inter club contest ( no matter which club...nothing to do with WaW specifically) then there was going to be some measure of 'quality' control on the contribution from this club.

Initially I just wanted a little time to check up with my seniors here and see if there were any restrictions or issues. I have never been in this situation before and wanted to make sure I had the club ROE correct before getting any further into it.

You'll be happy to know that I was reliably informed that there was no issue at all with an inter club tournament.

The only proviso was that if there was going to be the name "Blitz" attached to anything, then a certain set of guidelines needed to be followed.
A similar set of guidelines to those used in moderating, or being a part of, one of the Blitz forums.

Even with the best of intentions, and all the current Tourney Mods here at the moment can vouch for this, it is very easy to get imbalanced scenarios and issues between players to do with rules and regulations etc....I am sure we all have plenty of examples of that.

So...in the interest of making sure that there was not going to be any chaos nor potential bad blood etc I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that they were welcome to do their own thing at any time but for there to be a"Blitz" team, then we were going to take it a bit seriously and organise ourselves in such a way as to avoid any difficulties down the line.

Thus the call for general interest, and also the call to advance the name of a potential Captain, just so there was one player from this club who would take responsibility.

Anyway...if anyone wants to check in at the WaW and see what's up on their ladder...go for it I say.

However...and I will say again Artie that I have zero idea what you are talking about re. any politics or it being a "tourney not a war"...if there is some past issues with The Blitz and WaW they have never been on the SP ladder here, and long may it stay that way.

Can I ask you Artie, to refrain from talking about any past disputes or confusions between WaW and the Blitz on this ladder.
As it has zero to do with SP...there is no reason to mention it here.

Gee....as far as I knew, there was no such thing as a WaW SP ladder / club.
Bloody hurrah I say! The more SP players the merrier!

I am just reacting to this interesting development in the way that I see fit as a ladder moderator.
Non-club business has no place on the boards here.
So, while we work out whether it is going to be club business or not, discussion is good eh.

So far there has been an offer out of the blue of an MBT tourney...and so far, not many responses...

Happy gaming all.
Carry on....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
12-25-2008, 02:30 AM,
I think there's been a little confusion here.

Reading Weasel's post No. 10, the only issue is if people want the game results to be recorded on the Blitz ladder - this can only happen if BOTH players are registered at the Blitz. Vice-versa for WaW.

So - no reason to be a member of both clubs: unless a) you want to be, or b) you wish the games result to be recorded somewhere.

Otherwise it's just a bit of fun.
12-25-2008, 05:00 AM,
John(txic) Wrote:So - no reason to be a member of both clubs: unless a) you want to be, or b) you wish the games result to be recorded somewhere.

Otherwise it's just a bit of fun.

Spot on John.
12-25-2008, 05:18 AM,
Ok, another post out of the topic. ;)

SteelGod, Walrus: Thank you for your responses, guys. Call me a paranoic, but everytime I heard in the past words like "our quality standards" and "do not discuss non-club business here" it always leads to the problems and the players' frustration later. I mean it generally, not directly towards your site. I just want to be sure that the Chaindler's effort will not be at the beginning ruined by the strong, but empty words and the negotiation will not be leading into the twist of the unimportant details (where every side is thrusting forward them with no will to deal).
Last but not least - from my point of view and based on the previous events between Blitz and WaW (not the SP section, of course) I may expect that there may be a "purpose-built" problems. SteelGod probably knows what I am talking about. So I am glad your replies sorted this out - that was the reason why I was writing my previous post.

I hope it makes things and Chaindler's negotiation easier. I simply think why to complicate things that doesn't need to be complicated. As Vesku happily said: I want them quick and easy. ;)
[Image: 61.gif]
Send this user an email
12-25-2008, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2008, 06:38 AM by Thexder.)
Very interesting suggestion! If the battles in the tournament are not too large in scale I'll seriously consider participating (I have much to do in real life now and three ongoing tournaments already, if I hadn't my participation would be 100% sure).

cheers,
Thexder
(22nd in the WaW SP "World ladder"..."Playing for the Blitz" of course:smoke:)