• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World ar War x The Blitz
12-25-2008, 10:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-25-2008, 10:44 AM by Weasel.)
RE: World ar War x The Blitz
Artie Wrote:Ok, another post out of the topic. ;)

SteelGod, Walrus: Thank you for your responses, guys. Call me a paranoic, but everytime I heard in the past words like "our quality standards" and "do not discuss non-club business here" it always leads to the problems and the players' frustration later. I mean it generally, not directly towards your site. I just want to be sure that the Chaindler's effort will not be at the beginning ruined by the strong, but empty words and the negotiation will not be leading into the twist of the unimportant details (where every side is thrusting forward them with no will to deal).
Last but not least - from my point of view and based on the previous events between Blitz and WaW (not the SP section, of course) I may expect that there may be a "purpose-built" problems. SteelGod probably knows what I am talking about. So I am glad your replies sorted this out - that was the reason why I was writing my previous post.

I hope it makes things and Chaindler's negotiation easier. I simply think why to complicate things that doesn't need to be complicated. As Vesku happily said: I want them quick and easy. ;)

AS the head weenie on this ladder (just because no one else volunteered to take over from SG) I can say that I don't care what the guys talk about on this ladder. Talk about hockey, cookie recipes, girls (oh yeah!), and even other clubs AS LONG AS it is respectful, does not violate JVK guidelines and doesn't troll for inter club arguments. I don't care if guys who belong to the SP Blitz talk about battles they are having with opponents at the WAW club. My view is the more posts on the messages boards the better they are.

So players from two different clubs cannot report their game here (of course) but I am sure I can come up with some custodian points when a battle finishes for our guys. However, if the player does belong to WAW and the Blitz, and he reports the game at WAW then I may not give the custodian points here just because to me that is double dipping. But that bridge could be crossed when the time comes.

All the best to the boys over at WAW.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2008, 11:56 AM,
Hi All
Chris has the final say on this Ladder.
Now that he has made his feeling known, I shall respectfully bow out of this discussion.

My apologies if my words caused any confusion. After seven years playing this game PBEM I have strong opinions on the way that Tourneys should be approached if they are not to fail or become issues in the future.

Good luck to the players if this idea does get off the ground.

Walrus - Out
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
12-27-2008, 03:22 AM,
So if I understood well:
For appropriate official Blitz x WaW Tourney organization:

1) The Blitz needs to find positive statement towards this idea (I see that confirmed and ok..)
2) The Blitz needs to find a captain, responsible for disscussion about details, rules atc. This issue is pending.

My idea of tournament was quite simple, as the simple is usually the best:

8+ players on one side (TheBlitz), 8+ players on second (WaW).
One prepared and well done map, for all battles. Every battle mirrored, so the effect of possible nation-disadvantages is even. Overall Winners from each duel get points, which counts for their side. Side with more points wins.
If people want their results to be put in Ladder, they have to be members of appropriate club.

So this is the offer. I hope its acceptable. I would say I am moderate player, but what i like is realistic battle - and first of all, fair and fun play. I hope there are some strong and courageous commanders, who would liket to cross swords with unknown enemy:)
12-27-2008, 03:49 AM,
Yep, I guess what you need is the players from the Blitz to come forward, someone to captain the Blitz team and who will be responsible for all the administration and such. Not sure how easy it will be to find someone to do that, but as long as everything is ok between the clubs and no bashing occurs I say rock on.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
12-27-2008, 06:55 PM,
You can count me in, not as a captain though.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
12-27-2008, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2008, 01:35 AM by Imp.)
Sounds fun nothing wrong with another tourney. First month of New Year not good timewise for me but happy to assist captain as have no idea what it entails. Sign me up
12-28-2008, 12:12 AM,
Just an idea.........What about having Team Cpt be responsible for reporting each game for his team. Just add a name to the scenario list called Tourney vs WaW Club and leave it at that. Opponant would be the shadow player like in team games with more on one team than the other. That way everybody gets their game to count but only one guy does all the posting like the tourney directors.
01-05-2009, 06:49 AM,
Hello guys,
any news with your tournament team (if there is an interest still, of course)? We are having our team almost prepared... ;)
[Image: 61.gif]
Send this user an email