• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poor old Liverpool
12-16-2008, 03:08 AM,
RE: Poor old Liverpool
Ted,
I think i am close to you, i live in a village called Kimbolton which is just north of Bedford, did i read somewhere you are at Leighton Buzzard??
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2008, 03:19 AM,
Yes spot on Paul not far away at all....What a small world this is some times......

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
12-16-2008, 03:34 AM,
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:Yes spot on Paul not far away at all....What a small world this is some times......

cheers Ted

Sorry mate got the name wrong...Hello Marcus

What a small world this is some times......
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
12-16-2008, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008, 03:40 AM by Steel God.)
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:Paul

Nice county East Anglia, that's where I am living now for last 37 years...Where about's were you staying?

cheers Ted

I spent most of my time around Mildenhall doing work for the US Air Force at RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath. But I did manage to get out and do quite a bit of site seeing as well. As far north as King's Lynn, all the way over to the coast, and as far west as the Cotswolds and Warwick, plus all of the south excepting Cornwall. I fell in love with the English country (not so much London, although it is nice as cities go) and for a while me and The Missus would have jumped at the chance to relocate there. But that was long ago. My travels there were during the 90s (1989 first trip, to 1994 last trip) and to be honest, but meaning no offense, so much of what I read about the UK today strikes me as not at all like the UK of my memories. I find it rather sad if it's true.
12-16-2008, 04:23 AM,
From 1970 -74 I lived here : http://www.aylsham-norfolk.co.uk/ in East Anglia.

While my dad was stationed here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Coltishall while he worked on these :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Electric_Lightning

In 1974 we moved to another RAF base in Yorkshire.

I liked Norfolk, even though it was flat & boring and I was only 4 when we moved there !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
12-16-2008, 07:54 AM,
HiHi

Ah! Paul for an American you are truely blessed, you have trod the sacred soil of Warwickshire, the Heart of England, Kingmaker county (I was born in Warwick [hence my call sign] so of course I'm just a Tad predjudiced Big Grin ), but I digress, bad habit must stop it one of these years ... Mmmm, on 2nd thoughts what the Hell!

Buuut, dragging my self back to the point, I'm not to sure that Anton actually answered your question, may be wrong of course, it has been known :rolleyes: the link while explaining about one of these new fangled 'Johnny come lately' football clubs, 1912!!! Sheeee, no breeding you know, ... tut :stir: , didn't actually explain Scouse/scouser; well as I understand it Scouse is a cheap meal, Mince meat & potatos in gravey rings a bell, that was the staple diet of the working class poor in Liverpool, and hence the name scouser is one who comes from Liverpool, useually dirogative in tence nowadays, as the Jokes may indicate.

All the Best
Peter
12-16-2008, 08:24 AM,
When I visited Warwick, everybody there told me that I should be pronouncing the place as War-ick, so why did they put the extra "W" in the name?

The East Midlands must also be the traffic cone capitol of the world, I've never seen so many traffic cones on the roads anywhere else.
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:Yes spot on Paul not far away at all....What a small world this is some times......

cheers Ted

Sorry mate got the name wrong...Hello Marcus

What a small world this is some times......
Ted,
You got the name wrong twice, i am Darran! Big Grin :whis: ;)
12-16-2008, 08:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008, 08:47 AM by alaric99x.)
OK, I thought it was Paul too.
12-16-2008, 08:49 AM,
Without any doubt, you know I'm just jerking your chain again.

Good night, best wishes.