• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

250th Spanish Blue Division
12-14-2008, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2008, 09:12 AM by Indragnir.)
RE: 250th Spanish Blue Division
Thank you Aetius,

I've read it, it's very good, accurate and fine detailed, I only miss a longer report about Krasny Bor battle (Red Village, translate from russian IIRC), a phyrric victory but a victory against truly overwhelming odds.
In WW2, losses su as these, in one day battle, in such a confined area, are nearly unhear of in WW2

From Feldgrau site: "the Soviets launched a three hour long artillery barrage, 44,000 Soviet troops and 100 tanks against the 250.Infanterie-Division. When they attacked, they came up against a mere 5,600 well positioned Spanish troops. For almost 24 hours, a battle raged in which the eastern sector of the divison took 75% casualties, loosing 3,645 men! This massive battle was to be known as the Battle of Krasny Bor - amazingly, it proved to be a bloody and costly victory for the division. They held against the full weight of the Soviet attack, and in the process inflicted nearly 11,000 casualties upon them!"

My grandfather was at Krasny Bor, my grandfather was a conscript he always told me: our only defeat was in the politics of our cause.

Bests
César
Quote this message in a reply