• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FGM?
12-18-2008, 02:33 AM,
RE: FGM?
Yeah POS nailed it.

The FGM originally coped with limited bandwidth and 2.5GB storage. That was upgraded a week ago to a better package.... unfortunately the usage of the website (on average 60 new posts per day) meant that the extra bandwidth was getting gobbled up.

So I have had to switch to a 'professional business package' which will suit the FGM better in the long term meaning worrying about bandwidth and storage is a thing of the past.

Unfortunatley now I am at the mercy of the webhosts as they sort out the transfer to a new host between them. They did advise it would be 24-72 hours max before all ISP's etc are able to smooth out the kerfuffle and the site to sit pretty with my new hosts.

So now Im in the dark as much as you guys... needless to say we will be back within 48 hours max.
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2008, 04:14 AM,
Ha ha it'll give 'em extra time to guess the answer to the quiz questions over there..:)
Hey here are the questions, let's throw them open to Blitz members to have a shot at too just for fun, post your guesses in this thread i'll announce the answers at FGM in a few days..

Name that plane-
[Image: wotdh8.jpg]

Name that film-
[Image: reedpk9.jpg]

Name that bridge-
[Image: bidgcc5.jpg]

Name the type of WW2 operations this group were involved with. Clue- 4 of them are VC winners
[Image: groupvcszc1.jpg]
12-18-2008, 04:56 AM,
Well, I'll take a shot on the plane:

"N5520 In 1940 some Royal Navy Sea Gladiators stored in Malta were taken on charge by the RAF for the island's defence. They became famous as Faith, Hope and Charity, though there were more than three. N5520, which became identified as "Faith" at some point during its active life, was the only survivor -- albeit in skeleton form. It was partially rebuilt and today this very historic aircraft is on display at the National War Museum In Fort St. Elmo in Valletta."

Source:
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.se...entry=true
12-18-2008, 10:33 AM,
The VC winners are definately RAF types, lanky streaks the lot of them and if I had to be more specific I'd say bomber command.

And the bridge is Arnhem but from the "other" end than the classic shot? Thats a guess.

Dont know the film, I get grognard frenzy when I watch war films, but well done for getting a photo of the immortal Olly Reed onto the MB.
12-18-2008, 10:52 AM,
One of my favourite Oliver Reed quotes- "Sure I knock my women around but they don't complain"
12-19-2008, 09:08 AM,
Here are some more quiz questions that have appeared at FGM over the past weeks, anybody here wanna have a shot?

Name these planes (from an actual WW2 recognition chart)
[Image: recogags5.png]
12-19-2008, 09:14 AM,
Name this tank commander
(WIKI clue- "He earned a commission in the Scots Guards during World War II, serving as a tank commander and earning the Military Cross for two feats of bravery in March 1945: he rescued one of his men from a crippled tank under heavy enemy fire, and the next day took his own tank into an exceptionally exposed position in order to knock out three anti-tank guns. As a result, he is unique among modern Archbishops of Canterbury in having personally killed fellow human beings")

Posing with his gargoyle at St Albans Cathedral
[Image: garg.jpg]
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM,
Identify these wrecks

[Image: wrkddxy8.jpg]

[Image: wrekjr5.jpg]
12-19-2008, 09:17 AM,
What's this?